PDA

View Full Version : Low hour job prospects Perth.

Grievo
30th Aug 2012, 11:31
Does anyone know How the demand for low hour pilots is around Jandakot?

I'm pleading ignorance, as I'm tossing up between fixed wing or rotary after having tried a few hours in both, the decision is coming down to job prospects and how far the travel would be to get a start. I live near Jandakot so obviously that'd be ideal.

I've heard Instructing is a good way to get a start, is this true? As it's also an area of the industry I have a lot of interest in.

Cheers for any help.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
30th Aug 2012, 15:03
Hi Grievo,

You say you live near JT, so, why not just go and ask the 4 or 5 local schools still flying out of there.....you'll only get 'not so good' info here....

A bit harsh..(?)
Nah!

Cheers and Rotsa Ruck..:ok:

NzCaptainAndrew
30th Aug 2012, 23:07
Instructing jobs? Go up north. Heck, just have a good look around, plently around here and there in Aussieland :hmm:

Mr.Buzzy
31st Aug 2012, 06:22
It all depends. Are you from "'round these parts" or from "over east" plenty going for truebloods!

Bbbbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzb

Grievo
31st Aug 2012, 06:44
Haha, well I think i'd fit into the 'round these parts' category.

I don't live on the doorstep to Jandakot, about 40-50 mins away, but I've been in WA for about 15 years and went to school here. The reasoning for my inquiries are that the logistics of having a low paid flying job near perth, where we have our support networks, the missus won't have to give up her work or endure a lot of separation would be a lot better than having to scout around the top end.

I may have to do that anyway, I'm just trying to get a feel of whats going on in the job market at the moment, and the flying schools have a vested interest in telling you it's all rosey!

walesregent
1st Sep 2012, 13:49
If you had an instructor rating you would get, at the very least, an interview tomorrow. Things may change, but it seems like it will always be the most assured way of getting a capital city job as a low timer.

Grievo
1st Sep 2012, 14:02
Yeah that's the sort of information I'm after!

I do realise things change and nothing is certain, but It seems a good option to me.

Thanks to those who replied. Much appreciated.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
1st Sep 2012, 14:52
Try RACWA....They have just 'lost' a couple of Instructors to the "FIFO" Industry at YPPH.....

And, as an 'aside' IF ya don't wanna drive to 40 - 50 mins to JT, then .........

:}:eek::rolleyes::hmm:
:ok:

Harsh...? YEP!!

b_sta
1st Sep 2012, 22:28
China Southern have been looking at instructors of all grades as of late.

aeromatt
2nd Sep 2012, 03:13
And, as an 'aside' IF ya don't wanna drive to 40 - 50 mins to JT, then .........

Didn't he say he WANTS to work out of YPJT because it's a 40-50 min drive?

Grievo
2nd Sep 2012, 03:22
He certainly did. :)

Didn't want to be Harsh on the bloke though!