PDA

View Full Version : Fly-In in Turkey, 14-16 Sep

peterh337
28th Aug 2012, 14:13
Here (http://mysiaaviationfest.com/)

I went to the last one in 2009 (http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/troy/index.html). They normally have avgas and customs.

Kyprianos Biris
29th Aug 2012, 16:08
Will be there ;-)

rapidshot
29th Aug 2012, 17:10
İ will try to be there , i will make you all drunk with our well known traditional alcoholic drink, it is also known as Turkish RAKİ,cheers

Jan Olieslagers
29th Aug 2012, 17:56
If that is the worst threat a Greek can get for invading Turkish airspace AND territory, things must have much improved, recently. Which is of course a great step forward, if it is really true, and congrats to all involved.

(or was it really a bit of folklore, as some have tried to convince me?)

rapidshot
29th Aug 2012, 18:42
Jan,

Believe me this is the truth

Kyprianos Biris
30th Aug 2012, 06:43
That is a nice threat rapidshort ;)
Some 5 aircraft are planning to invade :) from Greece in to Balikesir LTFD for that weekend to have some nice time with our friendly neighbors staging this event/get together.

rapidshot
12th Sep 2012, 06:32
to all invaders :ok:

i will be there around there at 7.00 zulu time on friday , you can easily find me, most handsome guy there, TC-AGH, evektor

have a safe flight pals

peterh337
14th Sep 2012, 11:09
We made it as far as LGSM Samos and today cancelled the flight to LTFD due to some suspect wx coming in over the weekend.

Our timetable did not have all that much slack. We could not take the risk of having to do a complicated retrieval from Turkey :) It would be at least two airline flights to get there from the UK.

The PPRs etc and the crazy airport opening times just make the options even more interesting... Turkey needs to do a special PPR, with an entry code if n-reg, and this changes if you change the airport you are coming from or the one you will be departing to. One would think that with all the F-16s they get from the USA, somebody could do something about this anti-American behaviour before they get the next $1BN worth of spares :)

Today we flew LGSM to LGAL and are taking a ferry to Samothraki, and after a few days we plan to head back to the UK, probably via Zagreb. There is no avgas here but I have 65.0 USG in the tanks :)

Sorry to have missed you all...

There has been so much bad wx this summer. We got out of the UK just before crap wx moved in, got out of Brac LDSB just before the lousy wx moved in, then got out of Samos LGSM just before the same.

500 above
14th Sep 2012, 12:25
Zadar may be offering better fuel prices than Zagreb, Peter. Have fun!

peterh337
15th Sep 2012, 15:54
They well might.

I filled up for ten bob a litre at Losinj a few years ago - not kidding. But Croatia seems to have since realised that even though they are on in the EU, nothing stops them charging EU prices (and keeping the profit) :)

That said, Brac was about €2 last week, which is cheaper than most of the UK.

Also we did Zadar (http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/crete2/index.html) a while ago (a nice place) but have never done Zagreb...