PDA

View Full Version : DOT LT Training - any feedback?

MattiCana
27th Aug 2012, 18:37
Hello,
I'm a young commercial pilot (ATPL frozen) and I found an opporunity of Type Rating (ATR42/72) and Line Training with DOT LT, Lithuanian Airline.
After the training, DOT offers a short contract.
Does anyone know this airline and its training programs? Do you have any feedback about exprience with DOT?
Thanks in advance for your answers and information.

Sagit89
28th Aug 2012, 07:06
To start with, I never heard of them. I know Lithuania is trying to re-establish a flag carier. Maybe it is them, I still doubting that.

On their website I found no info about the course just the starting date.

I recommend you text/call/get there and ask A LOT of questions especially regarding the payment/estalments of payments etc. The "short contract" must also be discussed are they going to pay you salary or anything?

Also keep in mind ATRs do not have expensive TRs...

I am not fully certified pilot yet, but it is just my point and I know I might be just way too obvious:D but as I stated in the begining, I really never heard of them neither saw them in the airport so it is a newly basted airliner.
'
EDIT: Just realised it is Lithuanian/Norwegian company. Therefore you might want to ignore my post:ok:

MattiCana
28th Aug 2012, 08:10
Thank you sagit89 for your answer.
I read the EDIT, do you know anything about Lithuanian/Norvegian airline? Do you any have information about them?

Alphafloor2b
31st Aug 2012, 10:19
Hi,

Unfortunately the ATR Type Rating Program, which should start at the beginning of october is already full.

I sent in my application a bit late... :(

truckflyer
31st Aug 2012, 22:28
I am not quite sure what that EDT implies!

Just because it is also a "Norwegian" company, does not mean that it is good!

You don't mention prices in this post, I would think spending a lot of money on a ATR would be wasted money!

What do you think your pay will be there, even if against all odds they offer you a contract after? (why should they offer you, there is another one waiting to take your place after) - and than, where do you go with an ATR rating?

Go and pay for another rating? It will never end! :ugh:

SanderBoeing
1st Sep 2012, 14:09
I agree with Truckflyer.....Boeing and Airbus are the future, ATR definately not!!!

Please don't waste your money for this......