PDA

View Full Version : Health insurance for EK staff

jackdaniels
27th Aug 2012, 14:17
Hi guys,
Just would like to know which is the company that provides health insurance for EK staff in DXB.
thanks
JD

SOPS
27th Aug 2012, 16:17
Emirates provide your health needs..well if you are a pilot or cabin crew, dont know about the rest. I am sure others will know more than me.Edited to add, if you have a job offer it should be covered in that.

jackdaniels
27th Aug 2012, 16:52
I'm aware of that, but my question was who is contracted for health insurance... ADNIC, DAMAN, RSA?

OnceBitten
27th Aug 2012, 16:57
Keep you health insurance at home going until you settle down here then sort it out later. By then you will know what you need and don't need. :cool:

Unless your'e not coming then i just wasted my finger exercises! (Could have been put to better use with the wife away!) :}

helen-damnation
27th Aug 2012, 17:01
And don't be fooled by the AETNA cover deal.:*

It's alleged that the "pre-existing" cover is not all it was portrayed to be. :mad:

clevlandHD
27th Aug 2012, 17:08
For what I understand, the provider(insurer) is EK. They have their own staff, clinic, pharmacy and approaval department. If they can't provide a specific service, they send you to some outside clinic/hospital (or you can go somewhere else and they will pay up to whatever amount they would have paid their contractor of choice). They send lots of cases to specific clinics in town and you would tick EK as insurer on their form. The cost is paid from the airline's own cashflow. For what is covered or not, I think they follow the American Insurers Association's list. It is not perfect but better than dealing with some insurance company.

Will Rogers
27th Aug 2012, 17:25
Please elaborate Helen-Damnation. Curious to hear what has not been covered as they stated that any pre-existing conditions would be...

Thanks!

Will

jackdaniels
27th Aug 2012, 18:04
thanks cleveland, that answered my question.
the reason why I'm asking is because I did an interview with EK recently and it looks like the insurance company wont be covering the expenses for my wife's labor costs which in the UAE looks like 5000 USD for a woman to give birth.
nways let's see maybe I can find a tutorial for childbirth on youtube :}

OnceBitten
27th Aug 2012, 18:30
Can confirm that.

Ek WILL NOT COVER ANYTHING to do with pregnancy until you have done your SIX months in the company,

And EK will do test to prove the conception date!

we got pregnant at nine months and the Doc had that suspicious raised eyebrow thing happening!

As I said, keep your insurance going at home until you know where you stand here. Good Luck.

P.S pm me if you would like more info.

HamFan
28th Aug 2012, 03:35
So you're also pregnant, as well as your wife, OB?? Amazing... :rolleyes:

helen-damnation
28th Aug 2012, 04:53
Will,

Not my case, hence the "alleged" and no specifics. All I can say is ask lots of questions and get them in writing before you part with your hard earned felous :=