PDA

View Full Version : CPL,IR_ Europe vs. UK

roberto321
27th Aug 2012, 06:30
Hi there,

Thank you for taking a time with my question first of all. I am struggling to decide where/ what to do next. Currently finished ATPL in London met and having approx 140 hrs and so I am thinking where to do my CPL/ MEPL/ IR training. As I am living/ working in UK and over the weekends I am traveling home to Slovakia, naturally I have 2 options.
1- Stapleford UK approx 25000 pounds for CPL, MEP, IR
2- Seagle Air FTO Slovakia - 14000 Euros for CPL, MEP, IR (owner is a family friend)
For those not knowing Seagle Air here is the link.. Letecká (http://www.leteckaskola.com)
The questions is- if I will consider that the quality of the training is in UK and Slovakia the same (as I was flying in both FTOs) where is better for me to do the training.
Ideally my plan is to fly in UK - if I will be lucky enough. Would I have been considered as a sort of 2nd grade in the interview if I would have done CPL/MEP/ IRmy training in Slovakia?
PPL, HRB, ATPL was done in UK...
Thank you very much for your thoughts and replies.

hippo123
31st Aug 2012, 15:13
As I understand it, you have to do the CPL training in the same country as you did your ATPLs, i.e. the UK.

"and having approx 140 hrs". Remember that you need 100 hrs P1 (not sure how much of your time is P1) to apply for the CPL (but not to begin the training).

As to the ME IR, I'm not sure. My situation is that I'm currently doing my CPL training here in the UK. I'm perfectly happy with the school, but price is an (big) issue for me, and I expect that an IR here will be a LOT more expensive that somewhere in Europe (as you've pointed out); so I'll probably end up going there.

I guess my main point is that you don't (and probably can't) have to do everything in the same place.