PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Diploma of Aviation

rocket66
26th Aug 2012, 04:33
Hi Folks,

I am wondering if any Pruners can help me with a question. I'm told if you have completed a MECIR you hold a Diploma of Aviation. If you then complete your ATPL's you have an Advanced Diploma of Aviation.

Anyone know where or how you can economically apply for and recieve the 'certificate' once these passes have been done??

Rocket

DC3Qld
26th Aug 2012, 04:46
In Queensland your flying school must be accredited to offer such a diploma, used to be VETEC. Full on production for the school, usually had to be done according to a separate syllabus. Back in the day it was a Certificate IV for the 150 hr CPL course, and Associate Diploma for ATPL subjects passed.
In short I think the answer is no - only if your school offers the course.

rocket66
26th Aug 2012, 04:54
Hi DC3QLD

The school I did my licenses through is now an.accredited school but the cost of the 'upgrade' is pretty high for a piece of paper. Was pondering if there was another way to go about it. thanks mate

ROCKET

kingRB
26th Aug 2012, 12:17
I did the 2 year Adv Diploma course many moons ago at TAFE, only recently gained the relevant ratings and passes in ATPL to qualify for the Adv diploma but have got such a run around from the institution trying to get acknowledgement for it I have given up bothering with it.

Waste of time IMO. Won't help you get a job anywhere over any other candidate with similar experience for a flying job.