PDA

View Full Version : Last flight details of Wiretensioner, Tony Turnbull

Wiretensioner
25th Aug 2012, 15:48
As previously advised sadly Tony has passed away. We now have confirmation of the funeral details, if any of you would like to come please feel free.

It will be held on Thursday 30th August 2012 at 2.30pm.
It will take place in the Moray Crematorium, Broadley, By Buckie, AB56 5HQ.
Funeral teas will be held afterwards at the Mill House, Tynet, By Buckie, AB56 5HJ, Tel no : 01542 850395.

If you are travelling in from the Aberdeen side of Buckie please be aware that the B road outside of Keith which leads to Buckie is closed. You will need to come via Fochabers.

Please let me know if you would like to attend as we need to confirm numbers.

Thanks, Angela

Cabe LeCutter
26th Aug 2012, 02:03
Deeply saddened to hear the news, I flew with Tony in the early part of my SAR career and have not seen him for a long time. I remember him as a true professional with a great sense of humour and he will be a great loss.

vader 1
26th Aug 2012, 11:00
I only knew Tony from his posts on UKAR. I would just like to send my Condolences to his family and friends at this bad time, and to thank Height is Good for telling people on that website about his passing.

Blue Skies Tony

Oldsarbouy
26th Aug 2012, 14:44
Drove past Tony's house a few days ago, knew he was very ill and didn't want to intrude, now wish I had. Apart from being an excellent SAR crewman with a reputation second to none both in the military and civilian fields, he was a brilliant model maker and his skills will be sorely missed. Rest in peace Tony, no more pain to suffer. Condolences to the family.

Oldsarbouy
26th Aug 2012, 20:18
If you intend coming to give Tony the send off he truly deserves please call Angela on 01542 834150. This number replaces the earlier number given. If you know anyone who doesn't subscribe to Pprune and would wish to attend please pass on the info.

TheWizard
26th Aug 2012, 21:11
Is there a chosen charity to make a donation or an address for cards please?
PM if required
Thanks in advance

tempest tom
27th Aug 2012, 20:42
Sorry to hear of the passing of Tony, a gent in the SAR world. Worked many hours fixing his RADAR snags at SKTU Culdrose and at various Flights.

tramps
29th Aug 2012, 12:33
Fond memories of Tony whilst on the SKOCU at Culdrose, he was a true professional and a fantastic instructor with a great sense of humour.
My sincere condolences to his family.
RIP Tony

hedgester
29th Aug 2012, 18:27
RIP Tony, a fine scolar and gentleman, as TT said, I spent many an hour fixing his fairey snags. Gods speed....