PDA

View Full Version : Converting UK EASA to CASA

nelbhoy
23rd Aug 2012, 13:25
Looking for a bit of advice from anybody who has went through this process. I think I understand the basics, that only the types that are on your current company authorisation will be transferred. But CASA website states you must have held the authorisation for 6 months. Does this mean the company authorisation certificate should have been held for 6 months or that each individual type should have been held for 6 months. If its the latter, how do they know how long the authorisation has been held?

esscee
23rd Aug 2012, 16:28
Maybe you ask your QA department for a letter/copy of your QA record, stating how long you have held each authorisation could help the situation.

nelbhoy
24th Aug 2012, 08:39
Thanks eescee but I'm trying to find out how, from the documents they ask to submit, can they determine the length of time the approval has been held. I am looking to submit my company approval to CASA asap. One of my a/c types was left off my company authorisation document when I joined the company 4yrs ago. It has only recently been put on it, although I have held it with a number of other company's for years.
If I submit my documents to CASA will they just be happy that it is on my company authorisation and that I have been certifying for years?

QF22
24th Aug 2012, 13:00
I have been overseas for a few years and have added a few ratings from my foreign licence and company authorisation to my CaSA licence.
Technically yes it should have been on your authorisation for at least 6 months.
As somebody else suggested you could get a letter from your company QA explaning the situation.
Do you have any licences or ox that prove you have held that rting for some time?
You have to sign a statutory declaration to say that all dox are true and correct.
You could also include an explanation from yourself.
Its better to be up front with, the worst that can happen is that they wont grant that rating until later.
But it does take a while to process, maybe a month or two, so by then you should be getting closer tonthe 6 month time frame.
Have you done the CASA air law exam? I would highly recommend a trip to Queensland Aerospace College in Brisbane, Queensland Aerospace College (QAC) - The Benchmark in Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Training (http://www.qac.net.au) one week and its all done and dusted.
Good Luck !

nelbhoy
28th Aug 2012, 12:20
Thanks QF22. I have contacted CASA and they have been very sympathetic to the fact I held the type for a long period in the past. I'll gather my paperwork and send it in to them. Hopefully get a positive result!!

QF22
28th Aug 2012, 12:36
Gday Nelboy
Good luck mate, some of the Casa surveyors are not sympathetic, i hope you get a reasonable one.
Check out the Queensland Aerospace College website for the next air law course and exam, i highly recommend them.
Cheers