PDA

View Full Version : Comptency based IR

mykul10
22nd Aug 2012, 18:53
Ok, having been out of the business for a while, I'm trying to get back up to speed with some of the lovely new EASA requirements.

My UK CPL expired in May 2012, so obviously I need to get a EASA one issued. Getting SEP/MEP renewed is no problem. The difficult bit is the IR. Although I did UK ATPLs back in 2000, I never did the IR, but used the IMC privileges contained within the CPL.

2 questions:-
1) Can I still get IR(UK-Restricted) issued on EASA CPL?
2) With 250 hrs sole ref time, can I go for the 10hrs ATO training, plus the 100 hrs TK plus exams?

I have read NPA 2011-16, but cannot find if its gone beyond the NPA stage. Any info that can point me towards the relevant docs would be great.

Aware
25th Aug 2012, 17:51
Hello I do not think you can just convert a UK CPL to an EASA Part FCL licence. I had a UK CPL and converted it to a JAR one, based on some further exams I took. I did this because CAA told me with my UK CPL I could only teach on annex 2 ac. You will be able to retain the IMC on your uk licence. The rule I remember is JAR to EASA no prob UK to EASA not possible. There are more knowledgeable people than I on here tho.

Aware
25th Aug 2012, 17:56
You can get the IR(R) issued onto an Easa CPL. The CBM IR has not been decided at this time so you would be into 7 exams and a 40 hr IR course for a SE - IR. The IR exams are easy if you have done the old UK ATPLs which were pretty tough, much harder than the JAR ones. Not sure now of course with EASA here.

Mickey Kaye
25th Aug 2012, 20:22
"My UK CPL expired in May 2012, so obviously I need to get a EASA one issued"

Can't you just get your UK CPL reissued and then get that converted to a JAR and shortly an EASA cpl.

Aware
26th Aug 2012, 07:42
Probably before 17th September, but I was told after the 17th JAR software will be removed from CAA system, so not possible to go UK JAR then to EASA. But who knows there must be a way to go from UK to EASA.

mad_jock
26th Aug 2012, 09:25
The medical database is off line about then as well. I presume also the FCL side of things as well.

riverrock83
27th Aug 2012, 17:56
"My UK CPL expired in May 2012, so obviously I need to get a EASA one issued"

Can't you just get your UK CPL reissued and then get that converted to a JAR and shortly an EASA cpl.
Sounds sensible to me - except once it is valid you can go straight to an EASA Part FCL licence after September 14th (or whenever it is).
See http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP804rfs.pdf CAP 804 Part I section 3.2 (page 427).

I understand that if you had the IMC privileges embedded (and they are still valid) - you will get the IR(R) on your licence. See http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/2330/Revised%20Statement%20UK%20IMC%20RATING%20May%202012%20_v3.p df

Go to the horse's mouth - don't rely on rumours!