PDA

View Full Version : Going digital A380/A330/A340, Windows or Mac with Parallels

EK380
22nd Aug 2012, 12:08
Quick one,

Still contemplating what to do:

1/ buy a seperate "Windows" small Notebook (Netbook), only to use for Going digital apps

2/ Use my MacBook with Parallels to run the apps

Anybody out there who is using option 2 for a reasonable amount of time?

Just about to start my A380 conversion and would like to find out.

GoreTex
22nd Aug 2012, 12:29
its insane to buy a low power netbook just for that reason, it runs a magnitude faster on parallels or vmware and XP

archer_737
22nd Aug 2012, 12:59
Virtualbox works good in my MacBook. Used it to install the "Skytest" software to prepare the EK selection process.
And it's free! :ok:

Eau de Boeing
22nd Aug 2012, 15:39
I was using virtualbox for all the EK app's until transferring to the dugong, however I could not get it to work with the FOCT.

I downloaded vmware fusion 4 and it works a treat, although it isn't free it's a lot cheaper than buying a new netbook.

TooLow
22nd Aug 2012, 16:13
I bought a cheap(ish) netbook for the course and keep all the company stuff on it. 10in was too small for my aging eyes but 11.6 works fine for me, and its still small enough to lug around. Also was happy to keep all the microsoft crap off my macbook.

EK380
24th Aug 2012, 12:45
Can anybody open the individual performance modules (e.g. LPC, TOPA, LDPA...) using Parallels on a Mac?

I can open the OPS library, but I'm not able to open the individual Perfo modules on the home screen...