PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Germany?

apacau
6th Apr 2002, 00:21
Hi, I am a student in Australia and am interested in getting an intership over my summer (Euro winter) with Lufthansa, the main reason being wanting to improve my German (already good).

There is an email form on their website but it's designed for German applicants. I am keen to get the email address of a "real" person inside LH to negotiate with in this regard, but I find nothing remotely useful on their website.

As phoning Germany is a little out of the question, if anyone can provide me with a relevant email address or tell me where I can find it, it would be fantastic.

Also if anyone else knows of other German-language airlines with intrnship opportunties, I would be very interested in knowing.

Please email me at [email protected] with any info (to ensure privacy)

Thanks

GAF4139
6th Apr 2002, 16:38
Hello apacau

Why not try and send Lufthansa a message through the "Online Bewerbung" in their Career Lounge (part of their website) regarding your request. I am sure somebody will give you an answer.

I don't know whether any other German speaking airlines offer a similar program, but bear in mind apart from Germany you could also consider airlines in Austria or Switzerland.

Viel Glück

GAF4139

Grashüpfer
8th Apr 2002, 20:32
Maybe it would be a good idea to post the same question on the following board:

www.pilots.de

It`s similar to pprune. However, generally in German.

Other internships: Eurowings in Düsseldorf or Nürnberg.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!

apacau
9th Apr 2002, 22:18
Thanks for the assistance...

I tried to pilots.de but they don't send me my password, despite several attempts.

I also looked up Eurowings but they said you need sponsorship from an educational institution to do an internship which I won't be able to get.

Lufthansa Cityline were helpful and asked me to send in an application by post. LH proper weren't helpful, insisting that all applications be received, despite the problems with this that I pointed out to them....

Thanks again, and any other suggestions welcome...