PDA

View Full Version : Adventure flights cleared for take off from Essendon

Bonniciwah
20th Aug 2012, 23:30
:D A win for general aviation after CASA continues to allow warbird adventure flights out of Essendon Airport by XJET and Shortstop Aviation with conditions. Airport opponents vow to appeal the decision despite XJET never receiving a noise complaint for its Jet Provost or Harvard operations.

From the Moonee Valley Weekly:

IT'S business as usual for Essendon Airport-based adventure flight and pilot training company XJET, despite specific limitations on adventure flights confirmed by the federal Department of Infrastructure and Transport.
XJET conducts adventure flights in both an ex-Royal Air Force BAC Jet Provost and an ex-New Zealand Air Force, North American T6 Harvard training aircraft.

The Jet Provost is a 1950s-era advance military trainer, while the piston-engined Harvard first flew during World War II.

Company director Hugh Waltho said having the department restricting the Jet Provost to 10 adventure flights a month and 15 for the Harvard made little difference to his operations.

He said the Jet Provost had been in action at Essendon since 2005 and the Harvard since 1993.

"In the past three-and-a-half years we've made 199 flights without a noise complaint against us.

"The limitations won't impact on the frequency we fly at. Being limited to three [flights] a day also suits us; we don't do more than three a day" ...

Flight limits no hassle for XJET - Local News - News - General - Moonee Valley Weekly (http://www.mooneevalleyweekly.com.au/news/local/news/general/flight-limits-no-hassle-for-xjet/2651901.aspx)

Wanderin_dave
20th Aug 2012, 23:38
Great news! :D

Spinner73
21st Aug 2012, 04:19
Those people never fail to make me crack up, while my blood simultaneously boils.
I do wonder how many of the aggrieved Essendon residents moved into their current homes prior to 1921?

I've just bought a house. There's a road right next to it (and I swear, no-one warned me that it was ever used); so now I'm asking - nay DEMANDING - that the local council shut down said road because I dislike the noise it produces. Besides, someone might intentionally drive off the road and hit my house.

"Encumbered by idjets, we pressed on." :ugh: