PDA

View Full Version : FI renewal post Sept 17

sps1013
20th Aug 2012, 10:48
LASORS is currently the authoritative document until Sept 17th when CAP 804 comes in.

Question is though, you have a JAA licence with an expired (less than 5 years) FI rating on it which you need to renew.

What happens if you renew AFTER the changeover? CAP 804 is in-conclusive and confusing in such that it implies you can't add an EASA rating to a JAA licence.

Any EASA regs god like to clarify?

Duchess_Driver
20th Aug 2012, 15:05
It is my understanding that, on the changeover date, a JAA license will be treated exactly the same as an EASA licence (with 1 for 1 equivalence) until it is due for renewal when it will be renewed as an EASA Part-FCL license.

(not that I am a EASA regs-gos!)

Waiiting for a more authoritative answer may not be a bad idea!

sps1013
20th Aug 2012, 15:35
I am sick of reading the Docs, will await any other information anybody has.:ok:

nick14
20th Aug 2012, 16:09
Any Jaa licence became an EASA licence as of 8th April 2012, if you wish to renew then I'm guessing you would have to comply with tr renenewal requirements in Part FCL.

FOUR REDS
20th Aug 2012, 16:17
There is some clear info on the ON-TRACK website for both pre- and post- 17SEP FI RENEWALS, as well as of course the more prevalent Revalidations.

Hope it helps!

Whopity
20th Aug 2012, 19:26
What happens if you renew AFTER the changeover?As your rating has not expired by more that 5 years it can be signed up by a FIE and the changeover date will not make the slightest difference.