PDA

View Full Version : EK JAR Endorsement

Fart Master
20th Aug 2012, 08:26
Greetings,

I am looking for some information for pilots who have used their Emirates PPC paperwork as an endorsement on their JAR Licences. These licences have something like 'only for use on EK registered aircraft only' or 'for non JAA flights only' or similar.

My questions are;

1. Does submitting the EK paperwork stop the requirement to renew your JAR IR before it has expired by more than 7 years? In other words it resets the clock to zero, as if you had done an IR test with a JAR examiner.

2. Has anyone let their JAR IR expire by more than 7 years (8 years since last test) then gone to their respective JAR CAA, presented their EK paperwork and on the basis of this EK paperwork been granted a JAR IR, or have only had to do a flight test to revalidate it?

Thx.

Fart Master
20th Aug 2012, 09:34
Thx for the info re UK licences.

I'm now looking for answers to these questions for any JAR state except the UK

INLAK
20th Aug 2012, 10:00
I have an EK 777 Only rating on my Irish issued JAR ATPL. Just a matter of submitting your LPC paperwork.

Also, the Irish Aviation Authority will not be invoking the 7 year rule that the UK CAA is doing. Therefore there is no concern about having to do all the IR exams again. Maybe time to convert your UK issued ATPL to an Irish one!

Black Pudding
20th Aug 2012, 12:30
I'll ask you this question, are you a Captain or First Officer ?

Fart Master
20th Aug 2012, 18:09
Just curious, why? Is it the P1/P2 issue?