PDA

View Full Version : Dan Kabo Is Dead

j boy
5th Apr 2002, 21:41
I heard Dan Kabo the CEO of Kabo air died yesterday. May his soul rest in perfect peace. May God help his family and the staff of Kabo Air to get through this difficult time. He was a very good man.

Alhaji R.I.P.

Boss Raptor
6th Apr 2002, 06:03
Heard this as well yesterday morning - heart attack apparently...

B Sousa
7th Apr 2002, 03:36
As with a few other posts here, many good folks pass on without someone saying a little piece about them.
Maybe this is a place for a little history of the person that will go around the world to those of us who didnt know them.....

Hani
7th Apr 2002, 18:37
Kano Stands Still As Sympathisers Mourn Dan Kabo

FROM ADAMU ABUH

KANO

FORMER president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, yesterday joined streams of sympathisers to mourn the demise of Jaruan Kano, Alhaji Mohammadu Adamu Dan-Kabo.

Dan Kabo, a pioneer operator of Kabo Air Limited, Africa's largest private airline, died peacefully in his sleep hours after celebrating his 60th birthday.

Babangida, who flew into the ancient city of Kano, joined tens of hundreds of sympathisers at the Tukur Road house of the late business mogul.

Babangida recalled that he spoke to Dan Kabo barely three days to his demise, adding that the entrepreneurship exploits of the business mogul will be missed by the country.

He added: "His death came as a great shock to me. I could not believe it in the first place but as a Muslim, I accept God's verdict on my fried."

The former president who declined to comment on matters of national significance prayed for the repose of the soul of Dan Kabo.

Dan Masanin Kano, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule, described Dan Kabo as a rare gem whose qualities will be missed by the Kano traditional institution as well as its talakawas.

"What I found striking in him is his humility and generosity to all who came his way. We will all miss him. May Allah grant him eternal peace," he noted.

Moments after Dan Kabo's demise on Thursday, he was buried according to Muslim rites after the Chief Imam of Kano Central mosque, Sheikh Idris Kuliya Alkali, led tens of hundreds of sympathisers in prayers.

Other dignitaries on hand to grace the burial of Dan Kabo were the Emir of Kano, Dr. Ado Bayero; Emir Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris; Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Mustapha Jakolo; and the Etsu Nupe, Alhaji Umaru Sanda Ndayako.

The monarchs offered special prayers for the repose of the soul of Dan Kabo at the Emir's palace.