PDA

View Full Version : UK Legal Advice

Weezer
19th Aug 2012, 17:53
Hello peeps

A question for the UK contigent out there. Can anyone recommend a solicitor or laywer that has expertise dealing with UK Armed Forces regulations? I may have a slight issue with a recent decision regarding my forthcoming resettlement and I'd like to get some informed legal advice. Many thanks.

W

Courtney Mil
19th Aug 2012, 18:13
How long until someone utters the words Blades and Gilbert? Oh, I just did. I think he's retired.

Faithless
19th Aug 2012, 20:02
Have alook here may be of some help or have a gander through past issues!

Look towards the back of the mag where all the add are. Always plenty of them offering services of one kind or another

SOLDIER AUG 2012 (http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/076aa3ed#/076aa3ed/66)

Pontius Navigator
19th Aug 2012, 21:09
I have it on good authority that GB is still around. Even if he is no longer in Practice he may have a successor that he could recommend, however the other suggestions have the merit of low cost :)

Willard Whyte
19th Aug 2012, 22:04
GB's daughter practices in Lincoln.

I'll try and dig out the contact details, but I'm away for a few days so I suspect others may be able to assist sooner.

unclenelli
20th Aug 2012, 00:25
Weezer - this isn't you is it?? (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189856/William-Donaldson-RAF-serviceman-stole-15-000-life-saving-military-equipment-sold-eBay.html)

Nigel Burn (http://www.wilkinchapman.co.uk/site/profile/nburn) is the guy you're after.

Legalapproach
20th Aug 2012, 20:16
PM with details of what the query is and I'll see if I know anyone. So far you've been directed towards people who deal with criminal law but it doesn't sound as though you're about to face a court martial :ok:

Willard Whyte
20th Aug 2012, 22:11
Perhaps you could be a little more forthcoming then?

gmac33
21st Aug 2012, 12:22
Like Weezer I am in the process of searching for legal advice; however, mine is regarding pensions or lack of. Wilkin Chapman is whio I am dealing with at the moment and so far they have been very helpful. No outcome yet as I have only had one conversation but they appear to be very knowledgable and understanding.

Weezer
3rd Apr 2013, 15:46
Hi all

Thanks for all the advice - my query was to do with a potential challenge to the 'system' that wasn't following its own rules or QRs. However, when threatened with a grievance the individual involved retracted their position with a full apology.

This allowed me to take up paid employment during my terminal leave iaw QRs. So no solicitors required in the end.

I'm now fully resettled and enjoying a 2nd career on the 'outside'!

W

ian16th
3rd Apr 2013, 17:12
Weezer,

Pleased that you fixed things.

I am surprised to hear that there was any restriction on working during terminal leave.

I left Marham on a Friday and started my civilian employment on the following Monday morning. For the next 6 weeks I travelled between Kings Lynn and London and successfully argued for a Service Rate railway ticket, waving my Certificate of Service at the booking clerk to prove that I was still in the service.