PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Airport Spotting

MKY661
17th Aug 2012, 22:08
Hello. Created new thread for videos and pictures of aircraft at MAN. Here is one of mine from last year:

Emirates Airbus A380-800 A6-EDF Takes Off From Manchester Airport 26th March 2011 - YouTube

Planeaddict
10th Jul 2013, 07:50
Mine from a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-zVi1z2k0

SFCC
10th Jul 2013, 19:59
Yawn :ugh:

opnot
11th Jul 2013, 10:09
sfcc
it is the spotters forum, so why is it yawn!!!

to a spotter who had never been to Manch before, these videos give a good example of what one can expect to see from the viewing park

By the way I am not a spotter but I do have the best office view at Manch

Planeaddict
12th Jul 2013, 10:13
Posted the wrong video above. :oh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYAltMICSoI

jackieofalltrades
12th Jul 2013, 14:57
sfcc
it is the spotters forum, so why is it yawn!!!

I have to agree with opnot here. There's a lot of useless stuff posted on this section of the forum, but at least these videos are in the right section. If you're not interested, don't look at them. It's better than the countless 'Ooh, there's a 7700 squawk, what is it?' posts that clog up the forum.

I opened this thread wondering if it was discussing good positions for spotting at EGCC, and could give my opinion from experience. But when I saw it was just videos, I knew it wasn't for me and moved on.

Noah Zark.
13th Jul 2013, 11:25
Whilst on this subject at this location, can anyone tell me, please, if I were to arrive at Manchester airport by rail, is it very far (i.e. walkable) to any decent observation venues?

gonetech
13th Jul 2013, 20:22
If arriving by rail the best overall viewing location would be on level 13 of the multi-storey car park. The Airport Hotel pub is walkable distance but depends on which runway is in use at the time.

Planemike
13th Jul 2013, 21:12
Noah Zark..........

It is possible to go to the Viewing Park, situated beyond the Cargo Area, by bus. One service (can't remember the number) goes right into the viewing area. The number 18 to Altrincham goes to the Cargo Area and it is about a five minute walk from there, did it this morning!!!

Planemike

Noah Zark.
13th Jul 2013, 22:45
Thanks for the info, guys! :ok:

ematom1
15th Jul 2013, 12:46
Monarch Airlines | A300-600 | G-MAJS | Takeoff At Manchester Airport | HD - YouTube

ematom1
15th Jul 2013, 13:33
Privilege Style | 757-200 | EC-ISY | Takeoff At Manchester Airport | HD - YouTube

ematom1
17th Jul 2013, 15:34
Thomson Airways (Thomson Fly) | 757-200 | G-BYAT | Takeoff At Manchester Airport | HD - YouTube

ematom1
17th Jul 2013, 15:35
Titan Airways | 757-200 | G-ZAPX | Takeoff At Manchester Airport | HD - YouTube

ematom1
19th Jul 2013, 10:31
Manchester Airport | Morning Heavies | Takeoffs & Landings | HD - YouTube

MKY661
23rd Jul 2013, 23:14
I opened this thread wondering if it was discussing good positions for spotting at EGCC, and could give my opinion from experience. But when I saw it was just videos, I knew it wasn't for me and moved on.

We can happily talk about that in this thread too :)

Hotel Tango
24th Jul 2013, 09:14
Even though it is the "Spotters Corner) I still don't think that PPRuNe is the place for these mundane (often mediocre quality) videos. There are plenty of other sites for that. I, and many others, could inundate this forum with photos/videos. I'd rather that PPRuNe's spotter forum be limited to photos/videos of particular interest.

Smoketrails
24th Jul 2013, 13:35
Hotel Tango Even though it is the "Spotters Corner) I still don't think that PPRuNe is the place for these mundane (often mediocre quality) videos. There are plenty of other sites for that. I, and many others, could inundate this forum with photos/videos. I'd rather that PPRuNe's spotter forum be limited to photos/videos of particular interest.

Exactly! Numerous well filmed hi quality movies of spotting aircraft out there on youtube.com. None of these movies on this thread fit the bill... I enjoy watching HD movies on youtube.com of a/c landing in strong crosswinds, extreme approaches, interesting aircraft, great down the runway angles etc... Again, none of the posted movies on this thread fit the bill!

JB007
24th Jul 2013, 15:50
As I was flying one of the above departures, I liked it! Cheers!

Hotel Tango
26th Jul 2013, 17:39
Boring for the rest of us though.;)

WindSheer
28th Jul 2013, 20:47
I have to agree with the majority of the above.

Stick to a well known video hosting site for the above stuff guys. If every spotter posted links to their vids on this thread then it would be compleetely pointless reading.

As previously mentioned their are PLENTY of sites out there that will take your average clips, please dont abuse the regular readers just to boost your viewing numbers!!!! :=