PDA

View Full Version : Refuelling the Congolese way!

aviate1138
17th Aug 2012, 11:41
Faire le plein au Congo - FULL PLEASE! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFFdTjmHIzo&feature=youtu.be) :rolleyes:

Rosevidney1
17th Aug 2012, 21:58
Although not without admiration for their industry I wonder if that really is the quickest way?

Blacksheep
18th Aug 2012, 10:10
I'm not technically up to speed on this aircraft type, but It doesn't look like refuelling to me. I think they're just topping up the water-methanol tank. I reckon that with a full load on board, they'd need to boost take-off power in hot/high conditions.

lakerman
19th Aug 2012, 13:24
Agree with you Blacksheep. It is either that or the addition of anti-fungal treatment to the fuel tanks. I remember Freddie Laker's 1-11's had serious fungal problems during a lease to this part of the world. There is no way you could refuel that way, it would take you 24 hours just for a topup.

Georgeablelovehowindia
19th Aug 2012, 15:43
Looks to be an An-26. No mention of water injection in my ancient but trusty Janes All The World's Aircraft so I go with lakerman's explanation. The chap on top of the wing does seem to be decanting and measuring out quite carefully.

:ok:

Ron Cake
19th Aug 2012, 16:24
The U tube clip reminds me of an AN12 at Manston c. mid 1990s which, having been refuelled conventionally, was topped up by buckets passed up to a guy standing on the wing.

The pilot, determined to make Tbilisi in one go, wanted every drop he could cram in.

Strange sight.

Blacksheep
20th Aug 2012, 20:27
I did think of Biobor treatment, but that mostly came in 5 gallon cans.