PDA

View Full Version : How to get a second chance at Ryanair?

Allioth
16th Aug 2012, 23:59
Hi folks!

I have been trying every possibility, but no one can give me a definite answer...

Here's my situation: I did my MCC through SAA/OAA in Stockholm back in June 2009... Scored 4/5 and, as promised, SAA did forward my application to Ryanair... Got an interview that same year in December... Unfortunately I wasn't successfull at the interview :ugh:

Basically they told me at the beginning that I had to wait one year before re-applying... Then they just disappeared!!! SAA is no longer a partner in Ryanair recruitment:everything is done through CAE now...

Ive sent my details to them, but once you've done it, there's no way to do it again! They just say: yes, yes... We've got your application...

Is there ANY way to reapply? Is it really true that once you've been unsuccessfull you cannot really any more???

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice

G CEXO
17th Aug 2012, 00:04
Well done on getting a shot at them. It's all a bit of a lottery now for first time applicants. 5 months since I last applied to CAE and still no reply.

Best to just apply to them and be patient, actually very patient.

Good luck.

Groundloop
17th Aug 2012, 07:17
Where does he say he did a TR - he did the MCC.

OutsideCAS
17th Aug 2012, 08:00
Not a bad thing you have not heard from them as the business model there is over. Mass exodus of senior crew currently happening and little if no new aircraft will mean no good prospects for cadets on the earnings or hours front. Lucky break for you think Allioth as you have the chance to save yourself a large chunk of money.

RedBullGaveMeWings
17th Aug 2012, 08:04
If it keeps that way he will have to spend that chunk of money elsewhere and probably not in Europe:oh:

OutsideCAS
17th Aug 2012, 08:16
A chunk of cash may need to be spent indeed but better to spend it with a carrier assured of a future than one rapidly going south - and i'm not advocating paying for a rating btw ! ;)

Adios
20th Aug 2012, 21:29
Ryanair isn't going south, except to take UK sun seekers to warm places. If there is an exodus of senior crew, they will upgrade Senior FOs and hire newby's. It sounds like very good news to me if the exodus is rumour is true.

OutsideCAS
21st Aug 2012, 14:58
Oh, well head in the sand there Adios - if lots of senior crew (trainers et al) are leaving, that means a severe lack of experienced capts to train upgrades and new hires, which means no money earnt for new hires and no flying.

As well as old hands leaving for pastures new, many potential upgrade experienced FO's are sat on offers of employment elsewhere and are biding their time to have course dates confirmed at the new employers, so they won't be upgrading.

No new aircraft coming/No expansion/Lack of upgrade material - sorry, but anyone joining RYR now would be merely looking to get a rating earning very little money, and a lack of hours on type which means you will be a poor commodity on the job market. Good news it aint. Sadly and ultimately it could mean redundancies with time.