PDA

View Full Version : Video of Movements at Leeds Bradford International Airport - 14th August 2012

MossTravelTV
16th Aug 2012, 10:05
This video features footage taken from Yeadon of movements at Leeds Bradford International Airport (IATA: LBA, ICAO: EGNM) between 13:00 and 17:00 on 14th August, 2012. LBA is the main base of UK budget airline Jet2, as well as being a base for Ryanair. The airport is supported by Multiflight, who operate a hanger opposite the main terminal buildings across the runway, here Multiflight undertake aircraft maintenance as well as operating a flying school, and handling a number of private arrivals and departures.

In 2011 LBA handled 2,941,532 passengers, which made it the 15th busiest airport in the UK. Whilst there is one physical runway at LBA, it actually operates as two runways, depending on the direction that aircraft are taking off and landing, these are runway 14 and runway 32, the choice of runway in use is largely dictated by the prevailing wind.

hUTC8DIDyQk

The video is best viewed on full screen at 1080HD, I'm not sure if the embedding box above allows for HD viewing, if it doesn't then follow this link direct to YouTube where you can adjust viewing settings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUTC8DIDyQk[/URL ([URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUTC8DIDyQk)]

This video features the following aircraft taking off, landing and taxiing on both runway 14 and runway 32 at LBA: Jet 2 Boeing 757 G-LSAI, Mistral Air Boeing 737 EI-DUS, Yorkshire Air Ambulance MD Helicopters MD-902 Explorer G-CEMS, KLM Cityhopper Fokker 100 PH-OFM, FlyBE De Havilland Canada DHC-8-402Q Dash 8 G-JEDO, Multiflight Robin 200 G-MFLE, Avion Express Airbus A319 LY-VEU, Thomas Cook Airbus A320 G-TCAD, Air Europa Boeing 737 EC-JBJ, Jet2 Boeing 737 G-CELB, Germania Boeing 737 D-AGET, Jet2 Boeing 737 G-CELH, Jet2 Boeing 737 G-GDFG, Ryanair Boeing 737 EI-ENX, Jet2 Boeing 737 G-GDFB, Jet2 Boeing 737 G-GDFH, Ryanair Boeing 737 EI-DLZ, Ryanair Boeing 737 EI-EKF, Jet2 Boeing 737 G-CELD, Jet2 Boeing 757 G-LSAN, Eastern Airways Saab 2000 G-CDKA, and Atlas Air Service Cessna 560XL Citation XLS D-CNOC.

What is unusual about this footage is the relatively high number of chartered aircraft (Germania, Mistral, Air Europa and Avion Express). The Germania and Avion Express are operating on behalf of Jet2, who had two aircraft with technical problems, the Mistral is bringing in Italian school children who are attending a Summer language school, and the Air Europa is operating on behalf of Thomson.

The footage was all taken during the same midweek afternoon, and despite its relative low ranking in terms of passenger numbers, it demonstrates how busy an airport LBA can actually be.

fustall
18th Aug 2012, 19:23
Thanks for posting,nice to see and good quality:D:)

MossTravelTV
18th Aug 2012, 23:31
Thanks! I was lucky to get such a variety of airlines.

dazdaz1
19th Aug 2012, 16:43
Fantastic video and nicely edited. One thought, it must be slightly annoying if one is burying a loved one with a/c arriving/departing?:eek:

Daz

MossTravelTV
19th Aug 2012, 21:21
I've already told my missus, that is where I want my ashes interning! Hopefully not for a good while yet though!

kenhughes
22nd Aug 2012, 03:09
MossTravelTV:

I've already told my missus, that is where I want my ashes interning!

I'm being buried at sea - the ex-wife said she was going to dance on my grave :E