PDA

View Full Version : Any other valuable experience?

A.Sullivan
16th Aug 2012, 04:28
I am a full time student who is unable to do an enormous amount of flying while I study. I am not currently studying aviation although I do feel the study will be valuable in both a small and large aviation business environment. I have my NZ CPL with MIER.

My questions is for those with experience hiring and/or working with entry level pilots. I have a large holiday at the end of the year (3 months). I want to use this to gain work experience in a field that those in the aviation industry.

Any suggestions on experience that is highly regarded would be greatly appreciated. I know that hours are a large factor, however, we don't all have the ability nor desire to buy type ratings etc to make us more 'hire-able'.

Thanks

A.Sullivan
23rd Aug 2012, 00:25
Nothing?... Well thats seems easy enough to get. Phew

deadcut
23rd Aug 2012, 07:42
You want to find entry level flying work on NZ?
I was in the same bout for a year before deciding to ditch it and go to Aus to look for work. My 2nd week here. Looking.

A.Sullivan
23rd Aug 2012, 11:18
Cheers deadcut. Hows it getting on? not exactly looking for entry level flying work. Would love to however feel that in order to i will probably have to make the jump to aus. Was more wondering what would be valuable experience to gain on my summer uni holidays. have a year until finishing a psychology degree and then planning to try find myself a first flying gig.

How is the looking going?

would appreciate any info on what operators are looking for over there. Let me know how you get on with your search. Luck.