PDA

View Full Version : Lido/iRouteManual pro app

scandistralian
15th Aug 2012, 08:57
Has anyone managed to get the iPad Lido/iRouteManual Pro app to work with the EK database? It'd save the hassle of having to download the charts via Groupworld.

Payscale
15th Aug 2012, 11:44
Why would you want to down load the charts?
Cant use them for anything once the are printed.

scandistralian
15th Aug 2012, 16:50
Normally if heading to an unknown airport, or somewhere I haven't been to recently I download them a couple of days before just as a bit of prep. Also good for having the alternates on hand when swimming through the sea of NOTAMs...

Payscale
15th Aug 2012, 18:01
Good man :ok:

zk-dxb
15th Aug 2012, 20:04
I think, rather than print them, the point of downloading the Charts is to load the .pdf files onto your iPad.

And, no, I can't figure out a work-around to allow logging in with your EK password to the LIDO Pro App. Although I have heard rumors someone out there has - lets hope he/she is reading...

jack schidt
17th Aug 2012, 19:41
Sorry to go slightly off thread from LIDO, but rather than start a whole new thread topic, does anyone know the address or site to download the FABS app for loads and standbys please. Thanks

Fred Garvin M.P.
19th Aug 2012, 09:28
Another thread creep, sorry. Anyone know the new site for the gentleman that created "The indispensable maps" with the LIDO minima for each airport? It used to be public.me but the site no longer exists. Thanks.

wayupthere
21st Sep 2012, 05:41
The maps are now at

Maps pdf (http://www.gukumatz.eu/maps)

Poire
3rd Oct 2012, 20:55
Scandi ...

I downloaded the Lido/iRM for iPad with all the forty airports.
The thing is that I cannot see any of the charts.

Any clues?

zk-dxb
4th Oct 2012, 09:18
Select an airport from the drop down menu on the left.

You should see airport info including longest runway, elevation, co-ordinates.

To the right of that info is a white box headed "last update:never"

Below that is a "download" button - click on that.

Repeat for each airport you want.

In the drop-down menu a green bar will appear at the left of the airport name.

As each update expires, the bar changes to red, click on the download button again to refresh and update.

There will also be a "remove button" if you want to free up storage space and don't need that airport info for the moment.

Poire
4th Oct 2012, 10:03
Thank you ZK

I've done all that and the app didn't work, no charts, no nothing.
The support service just e-mailed me saying that this app doesn't work with the OS 6 version on the iPad. It was designed for OS 5 only.

strut780
4th Oct 2012, 12:27
You need to download the normal version not Pro at it will work with the 40 airports.

zk-dxb
4th Oct 2012, 17:35
It does work with IOS 6. If you are NOT using the Pro version, (which definitely does not work as it needs EK approval and was the original subject of this thread), the only other thing I would suggest is to delete your App and then re-load it from the App Store. You don't have to purchase it again, instead of Buy" the App Store button will read "Install". Good luck.

Poire
6th Oct 2012, 07:47
Thank you guys ... Erm, but I am sure I have the non-pro version. I will try that again, though.