PDA

View Full Version : CAE

dareen
11th Aug 2012, 08:15
Dear All,

Are there any differences in training and facilities between Cae Morritown and Cae Dallas?

Would be grateful for your input.

BW

Dareen:)

ksjc
11th Aug 2012, 15:18
Not sure this is exactly what you are after, but..

CAE DFW is an excellent facility. I have not used the Morristown CAE but can tell you that after 20+ years at Wilmington, DE FlightSafety I finally made the move to CAE and wished I had done much sooner.

Nothing wrong with FSI but Dallas CAE has a relaxed atmosphere, on sight cafeteria with an acceptable menu (no more racing out to a crap restaurant for a hurry-up lunch) and is much more convenient to from/to the West Coast.

Also CAE can finish a GLEX recurrent in 4 days (part 91)....would take the boys at FSI 5 days.

And many good hotels very close to CAE Dallas because it's at DFW. Not sure that is the case at Morristown.

jr of dallas
11th Aug 2012, 16:14
can only remember being on a refresher course during the St Patrick in Morristown...too bad there were no real Oxygen in the sim next day ! ))))
The instructors were good and relaxed on the 900Ez and 7X...black point though: no Expresso machine !( how can one call this socket juice, coffee?)

FrankR
11th Aug 2012, 16:43
This is a long standing question. The difference for me always seems to be the individual instructor I get.

Having spent many an initial and recurrent day in Dallas, I choked when I read the kind review of the food service at CAE DFW. After a few days, I always bring my lunch.

My choice would be DFW in winter months for sure, other than that, pick the close one.

FR

ksjc
12th Aug 2012, 01:04
@FrankR

Great idea to bring your own lunch. But from where? Burger King? Some of us don't eat fast food

I agree the CAE cafeteria is not haute cuisine but the convenience factor is a big advantage and makes the already long day a bit easier.

1Wingnut
12th Aug 2012, 02:52
There are plenty of places close enough to the DFW CAE to run out and get a sit down lunch during the break. If you go south to the road that runs in front of the Hilton Garden Inn, there are 2 Chinese Buffets, A BBQ place, and numerous other options that are not bad.

500 above
12th Aug 2012, 10:21
Bone Daddies!

galaxy flyer
12th Aug 2012, 10:24
BeTter than Bone Daddies, Hard Eight BBQ, up by the Bass Pro shops. Outstanding BBQ.

GF

500 above
12th Aug 2012, 11:10
Where? We stay in the Embassy Suites on Bass Pro and I've never heard of it. I do know Big Racks BBQ though!

galaxy flyer
12th Aug 2012, 13:30
Hardeightbbq.com

Go EAST on Bass Pro Drive, under Rt 121 (International Pwy) which becomes Bethel Dr, continue east about 2 miles, intersection of Freeport Rd, it's right there on the SE corner. Absolutely the best BBQ! No girls, but plenty of smoke, great beef, pork, turkey and chicken. Girls can be found readily elsewhere.

GF

FrankR
12th Aug 2012, 15:33
I never eat fast food. Go down Glade road and you'll find a supermarket. Try something healthy, without the fat, grease, and sugar...

Bone Daddy's is an institution! It's a wonderful blend of cuisine and charm that can't be matched...

FR

galaxy flyer
12th Aug 2012, 16:05
Hard Eight is NOT fast food, they smoke those cuts for HOURS. Bone Daddies is an imitation Hooters with food to match. Have real BBQ and head over to a real strip club, if that's your desire.

GF

G-IZMO
12th Aug 2012, 17:33
From a training perspective, DFW has a reference library (or at least it did a few years ago) which is useful for initials, and probably recurrent too. The point about instructors is valid. Some better than others but that's probably true everywhere. My experience of the sims is that they were pretty reliable in both places. If you're on an initial the standard of the course / material / teaching can sometimes be better on an long established programme so depends on your type. The cafe helps if you've no car (!) at DFW but there are places inside five minutes from NETC to get a bite to eat. I used to get an airport shuttle from the hotel to the school at DFW and saved hire car costs from my pocket. That's possible at some hotels in NJ but maybe not quite as flexible as they are not used to the regular runs that the DFW bus will do.

Enjoy the course.
G