PDA

View Full Version : Flight planning software

slowyfox
8th Aug 2012, 23:50
Hi all,

We will operate a low cost air taxi company. Already requested a few price inquiries for full trip support. All were very expensive compared to what my objective will be, being low cost. Having enough experience to plan everything myself, can anybody suggest me some good flight planning software solutions? Already looked into Flitestar corporate, but read bad reviews about it, also it doesn't have any AFTN support according me. Almost all our flights will be flights inside Europe.

So any suggestions ?

Many thxs in advance, and best regards

dc9-32
9th Aug 2012, 14:55
Hello, you have a private message. Thanks.

plans123
12th Aug 2012, 09:35
What exactly do you want the software to do?

slowyfox
20th Aug 2012, 22:54
Simple, to plan my flights. And if possible AC-U-Kwik and AFTN support. I know Air Support is an option, but does anybody has any other low budget options ?

dc9-32
21st Aug 2012, 10:35
Hello slowyfox

I did PM you with an option which means you don't have the expense of buying into software. Just pay as you need things. This way you get access to all of what you need.

PM me for details if you think this could well be an option for you.

Inspecthergadget
23rd Aug 2012, 14:52
Just because you're planning on operating a low cost operation it's foolish to think cheap. Instead, you have to think what is going to be cost effective and what will work for you and your budget.

If you've not considered Outsourcing then maybe that's a good solution as you can make use of what an existing support company has without having to spend a fortune on a system you might never get a decent return on. There are a few companies out there who have the capability to offer this as a service.

Systems you might like to consider which won't break the bank include
Air Support PPS, Air Data, Navtech NFP & a whole stack of others. Eastern Airways in HUY use Air Data so if you want cheap, copy them. I can put you in touch with their sales guy if you need it.

Have you also thought about contacting some existing Air Taxi ops and asking them what they use? They may not wish to answer that but if you don't ask you will never know.

If you want info i'm only too happy to help. Besides, i'm currently available for any freelance Ops, Crewing & Commercial Sales work and i'm only up the road in Amsterdam.