PDA

View Full Version : HMFCU

jas_smx
8th Aug 2012, 21:00
How does the hydromechanical fuel control unit (HMFCU) meters out fuel to the engine in response to changes in the throttle lever from idles to maximum acceleration??

btw, is HMFCU = HMU?

TURIN
9th Aug 2012, 09:13
The Jet Engine by Rolls Royce is an excellent reference for this type of question. Available at all good internet based long winding south american river shops. :ok:

esscee
9th Aug 2012, 09:28
Many other abbreviations are used to describe the same said HMU : FCU, FFG, MEC, FFR, It depends on what the manufacturer names the component. "The Jet Engine", one of the finest publications as a reference for the history and development of jet propulsion.

Kengineer-130
9th Aug 2012, 14:21
That question has a very long, complicated answer! The short, non technical version is that it takes numerous inputs from lots of different sensors, and makes calculations based on these (either mechanically or electrically) to meter the correct amount of fuel for the desired power setting.

However, you really need to get a few technical books on the subject, as it covers chapters just looking at fuel control :ok:

T.R Haychemu
9th Aug 2012, 16:44
What time is your assignment due? Let me know and I will try my best to get you your answers before the deadline! :8