PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher School

easybandit007
8th Aug 2012, 20:46
Hello everybody,
i'm currently working in smaller company operating few bizzies more or less as a dispatcher and in the past i have been worked for an german company providing flight services for private pilots and biz jets operators. My Boss would like to send me now to any school worldwide, where i can get my education and license as a flight dispatcher. This could be either FAA or German or any reputable country's license, what i can get as EU-citizen. The main goals are very good skills as well as a possibility to get the license as fast as it goes. Does anyone know good advice? Where get for example DC Aviation's dispatchers their certificates?
Thanks for all imput!

MrMachfivepointfive
9th Aug 2012, 07:01
I can recommend Sheffield School of Aeronautics in Ft. Lauterdale.
I can't recommend anything that starts with 'Jepp' and ends with 'esen'.
But that's just based on my personal experience.

easybandit007
9th Aug 2012, 20:06
What's wrong with Jxxxxxxn? I took them into consideration, but didn't have any really feedback from anyone, who did it

dallas
9th Aug 2012, 20:38
Sheffield banned me for asking about taking military resettlement packages! I suspect the guy was having a bad day, but it did somewhat curb my enthusiasm!

Dogfactory
10th Aug 2012, 16:58
I did get a reply from Jepp for doing the course in Europe. Their offer sounds good for me, please explain why they should be avoided.

easybandit007
13th Aug 2012, 18:04
@Dogfactory
Hi, where and when should the course take place? I guess with the FAA license outcome? But the exam is allowed to be only at the US sovereighty, as i heard. I'll try to get in touch with Jepp tomorrow, let see what they say. Cheers!

plans123
13th Aug 2012, 19:40
I know people who have done the 6 week FAA dispatcher course with Jepps in Denver, as well as the Jepps courses in Frankfurt and they all sing Jepps praises... :ok:

Dogfactory
13th Aug 2012, 19:40
It's FAA if done in the US, otherwise it's NAA. Check this link for the course schedule: JeppAcademy Schedule - Jeppesen (http://ww1.jeppesen.com/aviation/commercial/jeppacademy-schedule.jsp)
Forget about London as they told me they are not doing anything there.

RedBullGaveMeWings
13th Aug 2012, 21:42
As I am getting interested in a FD career as an alternative to a pilot career in the case in which I would not obtain my medical certificate I have some questions to ask.

I've spent the last three days looking for information about FD courses but I have found only a little so far. It turned out that the FAA licence is the most respected licence in the industry.
What's the difference with the NAA one? Are job opportunities still the same?

Is it worth taking into consideration a FD course and career straight out of high school with no aviation experience?

Dogfactory
14th Aug 2012, 07:23
I'm not an expert, and this is what I learned so far:

the NAA is the certfificate issued in the countries that are not issuing a FAA yet (for instance, in Europe only 3 or 4 countries have FAA), it will come but for now it stays a certificate and not a licence. The same path of learning and same examination, but some burocratic matters in between. Opportunities are all down to how fussy is an employer, but the person with a NAA has gone throught the same training.
FD is probably the only career one with no aviation experience can take, in less than 2 months one is qualified with most of the ATPL theoretical knowledge and can start looking for jobs without further specialization.

Again, i'm no expert so I might say something wrong.

RedBullGaveMeWings
14th Aug 2012, 08:44
Grazie Dog!
I am seriously interested so I will do a lot of search.

So, in America a licence will be issued, while a certificate will be issued in Europe. Correct?
I gave a look at Jeppesen (I gave a look at the link you posted) and it says it is possible to obtain both NAA certificate and FAA licence (or certificate) upon a convertion course in Denver, Colorado. Interesting...

Dogfactory
14th Aug 2012, 09:39
That's the point RedBull: if you can it's better to take the course in Denver. Here in Europe there's even an association that battles for our own FAA: EUFALDA (http://www.eufalda.org/) (check for instance this pps, it says all: http://www.eufalda.org/Download/Dissertation%20EUFALDA.pps)

On the other hand it is true that there are not many Dispatcher's schools but in the States you can also look at this one: Welcome to World Airline Dispatcher Schools (http://www.fltdisp.com/)

I wish I was in the US.

bob375
18th Aug 2012, 21:17
Try Universal Weather & Aviation in Houston - they are totally geared for corporate operations. The class lasts 6 weeks and if all goes right, you'll have your FAA Dispatcher License at the end of the class.