PDA

View Full Version : Air Transat blames Transport Canada

Hen Ddraig
8th Aug 2012, 16:55
I have used Air Transat (The state airline of Quebec) a number of times recently between Manchester and Toronto and I was surprised to hear an announcement at the gate at both airports that quote

"Due to Transport Canada regulations passengers were only allowed one piece of hand luggage weighing not more than 5 Kg"

This is a blatant lie. Transport Canada suggest the passengers should not carry on more than two pieces of hand luggage and make no recommendation as to maximum weight. The issue of weight is entire responsibility of the airline.

Checking through the Air Transat website it appears that "Transport Canada" allows Air Transat passengers to Portugal (a route were Air Transat have in the past run out of fuel) can carry on 10kgs of hand luggage.

So it appears that Air Transat not only lie, they also discriminate against UK and Irish travellers which could be a breach of European law.

Time to spare, go by air

Hen Ddraig

Hen Ddraig
8th Aug 2012, 19:25
Dublinaviator.

On your first point Air Transats own website quite clearly states the hand luggage maximum weight of 5kg for flights to the United Kingdom & Ireland
Try a little research on the internet.

On your second point. I know exactly what happened both before and on the flight which ran out of fuel. I read the report. I made no suggestion that insufficient fuel was loaded. You can draw whatever "bull****" implications you like from my previous statement but it is factually correct.

Time to spare, go by air.

Hen Ddraig

DaveReidUK
8th Aug 2012, 19:37
Hmmm.

How to detract from a valid point with an irrelevant, ill-informed comment ...

Airbus321-200
8th Aug 2012, 23:26
It just seems like a rant against TS.

Having just read the carriage of baggage i think their allowances are quite generous. Some airlines have different allowances for different destinations. Nigeria and some South American countries come to mind.

They must have a reason for it. And i dont think it's because they dont like the British or Irish.

Have you contacted them about it?

Hen Ddraig
9th Aug 2012, 15:35
Airbus321-200

It is a rant, (one of the reasons for having Pprune) about a carrier who repeatedly claims that its National regulator sets the weight limit on cabin baggage. Which is a blatant lie.

Time to spare, go by air.

Hen ddraig

Airbus321-200
9th Aug 2012, 21:11
Have you contacted them regarding your issue?? they may be able to enlighten you.

I find the issue you have with them a little petty. Having dealt with TS over the years i find them very professional.

nos da

blaggerman
10th Aug 2012, 09:04
So it appears that Air Transat not only lie, they also discriminate against UK and Irish travellers which could be a breach of European law.Contact the UN and they'll investigate the blatant human rights violations.

ara01jbb
10th Aug 2012, 19:31
It's a long time since I've fed a troll, but since everyone else is getting involved...

(The state airline of Quebec)

Quebec is neither a state nor a nation, and even if it were (or if Quebec achieves sovereignty) TS are not the state airline. Like AC, they happen to be based in Montreal, but they are a national Canadian airline, with bases from the Pacific to Atlantic.