PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades to higher places

Chuchinchow
7th Aug 2012, 22:28
If there was a non-secular airline (perish the thought!), would Luke 14:10 apply when considering upgrades?

11Fan
7th Aug 2012, 22:34
Sure, as long as it's overbooked and you agree to give up your seat and catch the next flight. ;)

kenhughes
8th Aug 2012, 01:35
More likely, Proverbs 25:6.

clareprop
8th Aug 2012, 07:51
I quite fancy this one myself from an "alternative" source. Could be an improvement on the old Concorde Lounge at T4 - well, sort of and I'm not quite sure about the boys and sprinkled pearls etc..

Reclining there upon soft couches, they shall feel neither the scorching heat nor the biting cold. Trees will spread their shade around them, and fruits will hang in clusters over them.

They shall be served with silver dishes, and beakers as large as goblets; silver goblets which they themselves shall measure: and cups brim-full with ginger-flavoured water from a fount called Salsabil. They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who to the beholders eyes will seem like sprinkled pearls. When you gave upon that scene, you will behold a kingdom blissful and glorious.

eastern wiseguy
8th Aug 2012, 14:18
I don't know about the others but I have certainly heard John 11:35....frequently

PositiveClimbGearUp
8th Aug 2012, 23:21
Talking of higher places, this thread is going over my head!

TightSlot
9th Aug 2012, 08:04
We warned all you children of the 60's that all those drugs were bad and that there might be consequences in the future, and maybe even flashbacks.

Q.E.D.

Ancient Observer
10th Aug 2012, 11:56
Yup. I relly enjoy my flashbacks, both to the 60s and the 70s..

Union Jack
10th Aug 2012, 12:01
For some reason, the shortest verse in the Bible comes readily to mind .....

Jack