PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus Block 12 Offshore Oil Helicopters

HueyDog
7th Aug 2012, 16:55
Does anyone have insight into the progress of the Cyprus offshore oil helicopter competition going on for drilling in Block 12? I hear that PHI feels they have the inside track on this project but Noble Energy is being pretty closed mouth on it. Deadline for proposal submission is 9th August.

212_Nightdipper
7th Aug 2012, 17:05
Who's competing for the contract beside PHI?...I believe that if PHI wins is going to be just US/FAA crews...isn't it?

HueyDog
7th Aug 2012, 17:23
I suspect that will be the case. I know that quite a few companies submitted initial qualification packages but most were not accepted.

170'
7th Aug 2012, 18:03
As the Easternmost member of the EU-The Rep of Cyprus. The only one recognized by anyone else except Turkey (as far as I know) is likely to demand operations under EASA/JAA:

http://easa.europa.eu/rulemaking/docs/international/archive/Protocol_Cyprus.pdf

Although many states are pretty much working under Nat'l Authority rules at the moment due to deficiencies in EASA-Money,Staff and lack of sensible ideas. Anythings possible I guess!

Hedski
8th Aug 2012, 07:46
Given Cyprus is an EU country I'd be surprised if a non-EU based company can come in to operate and then not allow European crews operate for them. Wonder if it's legal?

chcoffshore
11th Nov 2013, 01:47
Just for interest who is the operator in Cyprus for the offshore?

HueyDog
2nd Feb 2016, 17:04
Has there been any progress from any company placing helicopters in Cyprus? I read PHI had established a JV there and also something about INAER going in to support Eni. I have never seen if anyone actually started operating.

Self loading bear
2nd Feb 2016, 20:50
PHI started a joint venture with Cyprus Airways in 2014.
but CA went belly up Jan. 2015.....
Inear Italy flew from Cyprus when the Saipem 10000 was drilling in EEZ of Cyprus but it did not find much there.
Then the Saipem 10000 went to Egypt and struck big time for ENI in the Zohr discovery.
Not much to do in Cyprus today I think.
I do not know who flies from Egypt for ENI.
For Israel PHI has JV with Lahak Aviaton.

Cheers SLB

minigundiplomat
3rd Feb 2016, 06:17
Progress in Cyprus has been slow; the main reason being the decline in the oil price, cuts in exploration projects and other projects elsewhere which are higher up the priority list.