PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Flight Ops Interview...

senorslavio
6th Aug 2012, 19:12
I finally got the email today to say that I hadn't got the flight ops job at Virgin. Knew it was coming, as it had taken so long, and wasn't terribly upset as I'm not overly keen to work in an ops department where they still use paper charts to check airways and plan flights!
But one thing I WAS upset about - they refuse to provide any feedback at all!
Am I really that worthless, after giving them an entire day of my time (interview started at 10am and I didn't leave til 4pm), that they can't even give me a couple of sentences of feedback??! Very disappointing.
Having said that, good luck to the person who got the job!

gramaticus
30th Aug 2012, 10:42
The E-Mail you got was probably the standard 'We regret to inform you etc etc...the standard was very high' and so on. Maybe if you E-Mail them back and actually ask for feedback you might well get some - if you don't ask, you don't often get

desertopsguy
3rd Sep 2012, 00:29
It depends on how many applicants there were and how far they got.

It's not easy sending personalised feedback to lots of people, it takes time that H.R depts these days just don't have.

Anyway - Why would you rate an ops department based on what kind of charts they use? Paper has served and continues to serve airlines the world over without any problems...that's a pretty strange criteria for measuring employee satisfaction, no?

Try not to take it personally.

Narrow Runway
3rd Sep 2012, 16:45
I think it is a fair point. The applicant invested 6 hours of time, plus possibly travel time, expenses and maybe even overnight costs to attend a selection process.

To be fobbed off with "no feedback" is IMHO an insult.

I'd personally let the waters calm for a few days and then ring the VAA HQ phone number, speak to the lovely receptionist and ask directly for the person who interviewed you.

There are no filters on the phone desk at VAA.

Stay polite, seem keen and hope they help.