PDA

View Full Version : Meteor T.7 WF877 - Duxford

brokenlink
5th Aug 2012, 20:17
Any Pruners know what is supposed to be happening to this historic aircraft?
From being a reasonably complete airframe at North Weald some years ago it is now languishing in open "store" behind the former officers mess at Duxford, unprotected and rotting. Shame to see the state of it as it was used by Follands in the development of the Gnat ejection seat in a similar manner to that which Martin Baker use the same type for today.

VictorGolf
6th Aug 2012, 15:13
Please don't quote me but I believe it is/was owned by an American who has lost interest in it and it is proving difficult to get a decision on it's future from him. But as I say this is heresay.

Nopax,thanx
7th Aug 2012, 11:59
The owner is an associate and friend of mine; he's not lost interest, he tried to get the aircraft to the USA a while back but the cost precluded it. Sadly there is not enough covered storage here at Duxford to keep it out of the weather, and it was never intended that the aircraft would be outside for as long as it has been.

If anyone has an interest in making a viable offer for the airframe, I can pass it on. There has been some interest over the years from a number of individuals in the UK who have seen it outside, but mostly they have wanted it given to them free of charge.

Firebex
7th Aug 2012, 20:47
Please would you mail me a private email address of forum so we can talk in private.

My mail; [email protected]
Home - Aircraft Restoration Group (http://www.aircraftrestorationgroup.webs.com)

Nopax,thanx
8th Aug 2012, 10:31
Have done, thanks for your interest.