PDA

View Full Version : APEM Aerial Survey Cadet Scheme

Mikeoscar94
5th Aug 2012, 17:12
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone that has applied has heard back from APEM since their initial cadet recruitment scheme this Summer?

Pilotpaul787
5th Aug 2012, 17:25
I have applied but all I've had so far is an email acknowledging my application. It only closed to applicants on the 31st of July though, so I guess they are still short listing.

Mikeoscar94
5th Aug 2012, 17:31
Cheers, I'm hoping they open it again next year :)

Good luck!

Pilotpaul787
5th Aug 2012, 17:34
No prob :) did you apply this year?

Mikeoscar94
5th Aug 2012, 17:44
Nope don't fit the requirements just yet.

Currently in A levels and 35 hours into my PPL. Hour building in Florida next year and going to apply if they re-open.

Pilotpaul787
5th Aug 2012, 17:48
Ah right cool well good luck with your Studies and PPL. Drop me a message if you need anything.

Mikeoscar94
5th Aug 2012, 19:54
Cheers, keep in contact and let us know how you do! :-)

On-track
18th Aug 2012, 14:55
Pilotpaul787, did you get news about APEM or still nothing !?

Pilotpaul787
18th Aug 2012, 16:28
Hi, no I've still not heard anything. All I've had is an email not long after I applied stating they will get in touch once all applications have been reviewed. It's been closed neary 3 weeks now but I'm not really sure if that's classed as a long wait or not. Have you applied?

On-track
18th Aug 2012, 20:18
Yes, I have applied and, like you, all I've had is an email acknowledging my application... and nothing else...
Hope it's not going to take ages !!!

mad_jock
19th Aug 2012, 06:45
I know nothing about this job.

But its not unknown for folk to submit CV's then over a year later with no reply at all to then get a phone call to get your backside in for an interview.

The most amusing one was a lad who had applied then got another job got his LHS got made redundant reapplied for a LHS job and then got the interview call. Presumed it was for the LHS job and at interview it was all a bit confusing because they were trying to sell him a rating which he had already.

Then there was the lad that turned up for interview in the works van which was a roofing company. Then got told if you can fix the hanger roof you can start on monday. Suit was only on for 15mins before he got his work gear on again. He now works for EK.

spacemonkeys
20th Aug 2012, 16:29
Mad jock.

After that I think I'm going to go to any interviews I get in the works van.

Are any companies hiring that happen to have leaky roofs?

WishIWasAPilot
21st Aug 2012, 19:46
Aw man! How did I miss this one?! What an opportunity.

What sort of pay and conditions were they offering?

RSP_2407
23rd Aug 2012, 10:02
I've just called APEM and they said they had quite a lot of applications but were hoping to contact everyone by email maybe end of August or beginning of September.

Pilotpaul787
23rd Aug 2012, 14:28
Thanks for sharing that RSP. Hopefully hear from them soon then.

Mikeoscar94
23rd Aug 2012, 16:05
WishIWasAPilot,

£14k working 4 days a week as a Camera operator on board their aircraft, as well as performing jobs in ground ops.

Flying is on one day a week and you have the last two days off.

£25k salary on on qualification as full time pilot with them.

I'll be putting in my application hopefully if they choose to do it again next summer :-)

Hope this helps.

RSP_2407
7th Sep 2012, 15:40
Hi all,

I received an email on 23rd August telling me I had met the initial criteria and my application had progressed to stage 2 which is a more in-depth review of all cv applications.

Over two weeks later, I haven't heard anything since.

Anyone else got this email?

I think I filled some of this application out in May and it's now September! Seems a long time to wait. I hope I hear something soon.....

Pilotpaul787
7th Sep 2012, 17:08
Rsp I received a similar email on the 23 of Aug also. Mine stated they are currently reviewing all applications and after initial review of my application, can I confirm if I have started any of my theory or my CPL. I replied the next morning informing them I havnt yet begun my atpl theory. Yet to hear back though.

Paul

Jamesandpie
11th Sep 2012, 07:43
Same situation with me, got an email on the 23rd stating they're reviewing all cv's ands asked to confirm my total flying hours.
Still nada since then though! I think I'll give them a call later this afternoon for a sitrep.

mad_jock
11th Sep 2012, 09:29
Leave them in peace.

You wouldn't believe the amount of time and effort it takes to go through a pile of CV's. Unless of course he does the dump 3/4 of them in the bucket because he won't employ unlucky pilots.

Apart from doing that the CP's will have ops bleeting in his ear, various operation matters to sort out, mangement meetings, post holder dutys and not forgetting dealing with pilots moaning.

It will happen when it happens, wasting the blokes time phoning him will only piss him off and make it take longer.

On-track
9th Oct 2012, 19:44
Hi all,

Are you guys still waiting for the stage 2 results ? Did someone get an anwer about that?

Pilotpaul787
9th Oct 2012, 19:55
I had an email a week ago saying my application has progressed to stage 2 and that I will be contacted again once this stage is completed.

MichaelPL
14th Oct 2012, 12:11
Same here. It's starting to look like I'll sooner be finished with my modular training towards CPL than they start calling in for interviews... We'll see, good luck everyone :)

appfo09
14th Oct 2012, 13:12
Could anybody please give me a link where I can apply for this company !

I will appreciate it.

Thank you ! :)

MichaelPL
25th Oct 2012, 09:13
Got an email today, rejection. Does not really say anything more, so I can't clue anyone in why. Maybe the fact that I'm currently living in another country?

Ah well, I'll finish my modular and off to Africa :)

Good luck to the lot that makes it through to the interviews, let us know how it goes :)

taxistaxing
25th Oct 2012, 10:58
The company is profiled in this month's Pilot magazine as part of their commercial training guide. Looks like an interesting place to train and cut your teeth as a commercial pilot ...

mad_jock
25th Oct 2012, 11:00
Nah these small operations its if your face fits and a few other factors.

I don't have a clue what they were looking for.

Maybe your your too ugly or ginger? :p

But you have taken it the only way you can do in aviation and stay sane, take it on the chin forget about it and move onto the next plan

MichaelPL
24th Nov 2012, 15:26
So, has anyone been to an interview? Following their website, namely 'our team' section, I couldn't help but notice there's been quite significant rotation in the 'remote sensing operations' dept.

Pilotpaul787
24th Nov 2012, 15:55
I assume the interviews will be soon if not have already happened. I managed to get to the assessment stage but wasn't able to get to the final 6 for interview. Good luck to anyone still in the running.

Slipstream86
20th Jun 2013, 22:49
Does anyone know if APEM intend to offer this again in the future? Looked a great opportunity, but I didn't meet the min hours requirement at the time.