PDA

View Full Version : EK 2 years to participate again in assessment if unsuccessful

tasev
5th Aug 2012, 05:58
Hi everybody!
Does anybody knows if guys in EK are really wait 2 years to call someone again for assessment if he was unsuccesfull or they call earlier?

flyboy410
7th Aug 2012, 09:14
Your English is just too good for EK! :}:rolleyes:

helen-damnation
8th Aug 2012, 10:02
Flyboy410: Somewhat better than your attitude :mad:

Rich8a10
8th Aug 2012, 11:17
Tasev

I think It all depends of wich part of the assesment you failed.
I have a friend that waited for 2 years and another only for 6 months.

Aparently if you fail the simulator then you have to wait 2 years.

good luck

tasev
8th Aug 2012, 12:34
Thnx my friend,all the best to you too!

Comanche
8th Aug 2012, 17:50
Definitely two years, no exceptions. I do have a friend who they asked to come back after six months to allow hime time to approve his English (I am being serious), so he basically passed his assessment on the condition that his English would improve.

White Knight
14th Aug 2012, 21:47
Sorry Helen-D but Flyboy has a point. We NEED good English speakers here at EK............

This ain't a flying club... (sadly)

Plazbot
14th Aug 2012, 21:58
Pprune needs a like button.

givemewings
15th Aug 2012, 02:26
I understood what he was asking..? to be fair, some non-native English speakers don't write it as well as they can speak, give the guy the benefit of the doubt, a lot of us take shortcuts when typing online. His English is certainly way better than some of the drivel we get on the CC forums... :rolleyes:

White Knight
17th Aug 2012, 20:18
Sorry GiveMe - I like my F/Os to speak and write English...

givemewings
17th Aug 2012, 20:31
Fair enough. My point was he might be fine on the job, won't know that til the assessment I guess.

Perhaps you guys can be kind enough to point the original poster to somewhere s/he can brush up on said English skills... for pilots specifically, I mean. Surely there are courses geared to that...?