PDA

View Full Version : How do you prepare for an assessment day???

jwards71
4th Aug 2012, 17:40
Hey guys,

I'm due to head to Oxford Aviation Academy for a two day assessment prior to starting a course.

Can any past graduates offer some advice on how to prepare for the assessments? What to expect? I understand there are basic Maths/Physics tests, what would you suggest revising up on? Are there any specific memory tests which you'd advise preparation on?

I'm pretty nervous, obviously having paid for it I don't want to waste the chance and my record!

What's the pass percentage like??

Thanks guys, any advise is awesome.

bex88
4th Aug 2012, 20:43
It's been a while but make sure your Math is up to scratch. Long division, multiplications, ratios. Nothing to taxing and nothing you can't do without a pen and paper. Mental arithmetic just calculate your change when buying stuff. Physics is only really newtons third law of motion. Speed/distance and a little bit on forces. Short term memory just read number plates back to yourself when driving. Team exercise, listen to others, keep an eye on the time. Don't dive in straight away but if no one is taking up the task you may have to but don't dictate to much. You can't practice the other stuff but as silly as it sounds the play station generation will have good coordination and hand eye skills.

If it does not work out you will then probably be told to try again in three months or your not suitable. Then you will probably finish top of class with the best flying award. :ok: good luck