PDA

View Full Version : Request for Information

valfire
3rd Aug 2012, 13:46
First of all an introduction. My name is John Godfrey.

I served with 199/18 Squadron from 1957 to 1962, with Vickers Valiant aircraft, specifically modified to carry radio countermeasures (RCM as it was known then) equipment obtained from US Government sources. A fellow ex RAF gentleman (yes there are some) is accumulating a lot of information relating to all variants of the Valiant and has sought my help in obtaining information for the equipment installed in these particular aircraft. Luckily when I left the RAF in 1962 I wrote copious notes which have been useful. Naturally there are several details relating to equipment items that I cannot remember.

I am hoping then that somewhere out there is someone (ex aircrew [AEO/spec op] or groundcrew) that has information relative to:

AN/APR-4, AN/APR-9, AN/ALA-2, AN/ALA-6, AN/ALT-7,AN/APT-16A and Airborne Cigar (ABC).

Just to show that information is sculling around, I recently came across a useful report relating to a Neptune in service with the Royal Canadian Air Force, so such information is around, more than likely gathering dust in an attic or garage.

The hope would be that such information could be sent via email, with due acknowledgement made to the sender.

Thank you for reading this,

John Godfrey