PDA

View Full Version : You know it makes sense…so what about it??

Sarcs
3rd Aug 2012, 06:29
Recently alphacentauri posted::ok:I'm just thinking outside the box here.....

It appears from previous threads that GA is being fostered a lot more by our friends in NZ. Having read some of the articles kicking around, I am staggered by the impending costs that will be put on GA by our regulator. If those estimates are correct, then I have an out of the box idea.

What would be the costs in putting GA aircraft on the NZ register, and getting NZ licences to operate and maintain them? Surely the costs would be cheaper than the overheads quoted in recent articles.

Yes I know there are other issues, but if industry seriously is going to get slammed with these costs, then maybe a more radical solution than writing letters needs to be found. Whilst I admire those that do write letters, I am yet to see any good come from it. Even if every owner/operator wrote to ministers, they can all be ignored.

Actions speak a lot louder than words, and a significant portion of Aussie aircraft on the NZ register, would send a loud message.

Yes you can shoot me down, but if all this is already law, the time for letter writing is long past.

Food for thought ...

...and Mach E Avelli followed this up with:

I love the suggestion made elsewhere here to invoke the trans Tasman agreement. Re-register every GA commercial aircraft in NZ, get NZ pilot ticket , NZ AOC, NZ maintenance approval etc and render CASA completely irrelevant.
A bit of legwork to set it up, but ultimately not a bad idea.

So how about taking the Trans Tasman agreement a step further and create a regional civil aviation administrator?? The cost savings alone warrant considering such a concept….no more quarter of a billion and 23 year rewrites of the regs…no more Fort Fumble for that matter…pipe dream maybe but what a dream!!:E

Come on you know it makes sense!

Bevan666
3rd Aug 2012, 07:28
This was (is?) very common in Europe, with N reg on local aircraft. I think the practice has been somewhat eradicated through regulation by the JAR.

Howard Hughes
3rd Aug 2012, 07:52
What about M registration? That seems very popular these days!:ok:

empacher48
3rd Aug 2012, 08:01
I'm sorry to say, but I wouldn't like anyone from CASA getting involved with anything here in NZ.

Keep them in Australia and please, please do not let them spread over this side of the ditch!

Kharon
3rd Aug 2012, 20:37
'48 - I'm sorry to say, but I wouldn't like anyone from CASA getting involved with anything here in NZ. :D

Sarcs - pipe dream maybe but what a dream!!

Tom Paine said, “The sublime and the ridiculous are often so nearly related that it is difficult to class them separately. One step above the sublime makes the ridiculous, and one step above the ridiculous makes the sublime again.” (Age of Reason 1794).

Cut out the middle man – just go N rego. Got my whimsical vote. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

blackhand
4th Aug 2012, 01:59
And so around the chorus ran
"It's keepin' dry, no doubt."
"We'll all be rooned," said Hanrahan,
"Before the year is out."John O'brien 1921

Typhoon650
4th Aug 2012, 02:26
I like the N reg idea, would also be nice island hopping off to Guam every now and then for 100 hourlies. Is there a GA organisation in Guam that could do 100 hourlies?

Sarcs
4th Aug 2012, 02:47
There is no darkness but ignorance.
William Shakespeare (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/williamsha138212.html)

TROLL ALERT!

empacher48 said:Keep them in Australia and please, please do not let them spread over this side of the ditch!

Don't worry we'd just have a NDAC (no dinosaurs allowed clause), which would take care of 90% of CASA....the other 10% would take early retirement once they realised the trough was gone!:ok:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
4th Aug 2012, 20:59
Oi likes ya thoughts, Sarcs......

:ok::ok: