PDA

View Full Version : WHC in Russia

Dennis Kenyon
2nd Aug 2012, 20:38
Anyone out there got an Enstrom 280 or 480, MD500 or a Schweizer 300C and who fancies joining me for an entry to the 'Freestyle' section of the championships being held in Russia at the end of this month ... Say three travelling, split cost three ways. I've entered five previous events and usually get some sort of place. Really good experience and more than enough fun. PM me initially OR [email protected].

Gordy
3rd Aug 2012, 05:11
Dennis, with all due respect, how about you enter the other sections also......?

I expect to be hosed over my views here...nothing new---I have thick skin. BUT...... you show up to the last 5 events and ONLY compete in the freestyle.... NOT fair....in my book.... I feel you should have to compete in the other events as a right of passage to the freestyle competition....

Flame away people.....and before you start.... I WAS a pilot competitor in a previous WHC many years ago.......but chose not to do the freestyle event.....(could not afford the insurance risk).

md 600 driver
3rd Aug 2012, 06:24
Gordy
Isn't it a team event with the best skilled at certain events competeing

in any case me and nige are flying the gazelle there and Ron Watkins and Marc Condon will be using our her when we get there For the competion, shame we didn't have the correct type/requirements (gazelle ) for Deniss to use

Just worked out the fuel burn over 5000 litres there and back and around 32 hours flying dependent on wind /weather ect.

Anyway I wish all competitors good luck ,safe flying and all GOLDS for Team GB

Dennis Kenyon
3rd Aug 2012, 20:16
Hallo Gordy,

Thanks for your post and the answer is fairly simple.

While I'm quite up to WHC standard for 'Freestyle' events having been placed in four out of the five events I've entered, there are many better pilots and crews than me at the other disciplines so I'm not the best guy to represent our country.

Oh and I've worked up an improved display routine that might easily get me a good place especially now that the FAI have seen the light and enlarged the display box to a sensible size. I've even bought the Union Jack tie!

Best wishes for success to all in Team GB and I'll be rooting for you.

Dennis K.

Gordy
4th Aug 2012, 04:31
Dennis,

Hey, thanx for the response.....

My comment was based upon the rules for the competition many years ago when you entered a "crew" for the tournament. Each "crew" had to complete 4 events and the score for each "event " or "round" were totaled up to give your score. Therefore you could NOT have one pilot complete in "event/round" 1, and a separate pilot for "event/round 2". The score was cumulative. I sucked at event 1 and 3, but did well on 2 and the long line skills event 4....... I would have loved to have another pilot fly 1 & 3---alas NOT allowed.

"Event/round" 5 was the freestyle event but did NOT count towards any teams score. It was my belief at the time, that one had to be a "competing" pilot in the championships to be able to compete in "Event/round" 5. Obviously this was not the case.

I believe it should be a separate competition, OR you should be a full team member and compete in all events, hence my comments earlier....

Good luck all the same.....

Anthony Supplebottom
4th Aug 2012, 09:08
Are these (http://14whc2012.org/en/great_britain_crews/) the finally confirmed crews for Team GB at the event?

md 600 driver
5th Aug 2012, 09:24
Not sure but I think there are 2 teams from strawberry