PDA

View Full Version : any USA equivalents of PPrune?

Flygirl77
4th Apr 2002, 17:35
Can anyone recommend sites similar to PPRune that deal more with the FAA professional (ATP) qualifiacations?

Have a US passport and just want to find out more.

Cheers, Flygirl77;)

bow5
4th Apr 2002, 17:45
www.jetcareers.com

Hope it's of some use :D

Grafter
4th Apr 2002, 18:35
This site has a bit of everything for everybody, maybe you will find some use for it, maybe you won't :rolleyes:

Landings (http://www.landings.com/)

FlyingForFun
5th Apr 2002, 07:13
There's plenty of Americans here on PPRuNe... why not stick around, and ask any questions you've got? There will be people here who can help you...

FFF
------------

slim_slag
5th Apr 2002, 10:26
Flygirl

With a US passport you have a real opportunity to use the US system to your advantage.

Just do what the other Americans do. Get your FAA Commercial/Instructor ticket (lets guess at $25k and 6-12 months) and then instruct for 12 months. That will get you to 1000 hours single/100 hours multi, where you can get a job with the regionals. After a few years flying for Mesa air or something similar you will be ready for the majors and your first 737.

It's during your flying with the regionals when you will pick up your FAA ATP. If you wanted to fly in Europe you would need to convert your FAA ATP, but with 500 hours with the regionals this should be relatively pain free.

Of course this was pre 9/11. I'm not sure what the score is now. People on the inside are saying things are picking up, but those insructors where I hang out and who were looking for airline work last summer are still there.

Any more, just ask.

shon7
5th Apr 2002, 14:25
Hey flygirl77,

In response to your question aout pprune equivalents in the U.S - the best I have found is flightinfo.com . This is one place you will get good cooments, good posts and not too many smart-alec types.

Another site is ilsapproach.com but this one has its limitations.

These are the only two that even come close to pprune

dreamflyer
18th Apr 2002, 05:57
Hello everybody
You could also try out
www.studentpilot.com and www.studentpilot.net