PDA

View Full Version : 500 hour pilot

normajean22
2nd Aug 2012, 10:00
Just curious what are the typical jobs with low time of 500tt if I don't want to instruct. I've heard pipeline wants ATP mins so what else would be out there best regards-eric

dakotamatthews
5th Aug 2012, 05:45
i herd banner towing would be good for me does anyone else out there know about pay

Fullagas
29th Aug 2012, 04:10
...I don't want to instruct...

Instructing's one of the best ways to build time and LEARN. Oh, wait, you're an exception, can't be bothered, know it all already... I put this type in the right seat on occasion, they invariably last just one trip. :=

CL65Driver1234
29th Aug 2012, 05:58
Knock on hangers and pray. Good luck we all been there

Nekro
29th Aug 2012, 08:33
Bush pilot in Africa.

717tech
29th Aug 2012, 08:50
Fullagas... Not everyone wants to be an instructor!

boeingbus2002
29th Aug 2012, 18:47
Another issue people have with instructing is the pay. Many like myself are in jobs which would mean a considerable cut to instruct. With families and mortgages, this is financially prohibitive. Many would accept a slight cut in order to begin a flying career. However the cut in income to entry level is too great.

redsnail
29th Aug 2012, 19:18
UK and Europe is a tad unique in the aviation world. That is, comparatively low houred pilots can get a start on turboprops and jets. So in the rest of the world you have to either instruct or take a single engine piston job to get a start.

However, what "we" are seeing in Europe that the low houred jobs are going to the tagged full timers who have done a rather expensive course and more than likely will spend an exorbitant fee on a type rating. (There are exceptions but they are very much in the minority)

So that's the reality in the UK/Europe. :( If you're not on a tagged full time scheme then you must have hours to get a start. How you do that is up to the individual. Instruct? Single engine charter? Hope to blag a ride in the RHS. Either way, the pay is horrible...

spider_man
29th Aug 2012, 20:28
what are the typical jobs with low time of 500tt if I don't want to instruct

I am sorry but you already have too much experience for Europe. Our two biggest airlines, Easyjet and Ryanair, want zero hour cadet pilots from the likes of CTC. The more experience you have, the less they want you :rolleyes:

flyhighspeed300
29th Aug 2012, 21:23
spider_man your right on the money. well said

cgwhitemonk11
29th Aug 2012, 23:07
i had around 400 hours last April and through this thing called 'networking' that everyone kept going on about i landed a skydiving job. have an extra 250 hours more now and have fallen back in love with flying, pay is horrific tho and im actually losing money by working!!! wouldnt give it up though!

NzCaptainAndrew
30th Aug 2012, 01:54
I got a skydiving job IN A C206 early June with 210TT and 2hours in a c172.:D:D:D:D

Now, how lucky am I?

screwit
5th Sep 2012, 10:19
become contractor for 6 months for easy With no security, no vacation for 600 euro Ã* month. New rule of 6?

The last guy I met gave his house to bank, flew 6 months and now is jobless like all these monkeys , and no one want him because he has only 700h total. most airline want 2000 to 3000htotal time. I know a few guys who have 737 and paid for 320 and still are looking to pay airlines.... Then they will look for 340 or 747...ah ah ah this is ridiculous.... You will never get paid with this mentality.

On the other side. I met guys who still apply via the normal way and got paid job with paid type rating on small jet. And are debt free and happy.