PDA

View Full Version : JAA CPL long cross country

johnnypick
4th Apr 2002, 14:17
I've just returned from the States in possesion of an FAA CPL/IR and just like th JAA you have to do a long cross country. 250nm in one direction and a stop on the way back! (longer than the JAA one I think) however in the States they don't expect you to get anything signed to prove this. Knowing the CAA they'll want something written in blood, will this be a problem when doing the CPL over here in England?? I have some AvGas receipts from my first stop will this help??

Cheers

Johnny
:( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

euroflyer
4th Apr 2002, 14:24
Regarding the x-country for the JAR CPL you need to do a 300NM navigation flight with 2 full stop landings.
You do not need a QCC form, this is only required for the PPL.
My instructor signed my logbook once the x-country was done.
Hope this helps.
For further details www.srg.caa.co.uk

KitKatPacificuk
4th Apr 2002, 14:31
I did the old system (UK CPL). They wanted a 300 nm x country stopping at 2 other airfields a then returning home. The 300nm is as the crow flies so don't measure the distance you actually fly if it has a dog leg in it between airfields. I did mine in the states and nothing was required to be signed or stamped at any of the fields. Also they require 2 x 65nm X countries at night. I think it's the same for the JAA. But someone may know better about JAA regs.

Capt Wannabe
4th Apr 2002, 18:49
Don't know if 'As the crow flies' is still applicable under JAR. This would make my 300nm flight invalid, along with a lot of other peoples. :confused:

The Greaser
4th Apr 2002, 20:38
I just 'converted' FAA CPL/IR to JAR CPL/IR - no cross country required as the CPL is only to requirement and not a full approved course. I have my blue book in front of me and I haven't ever done a 'land away' in the UK.

3db
4th Apr 2002, 20:45
The Greaser, just curious, what was involved in obtaining your JAA CPL from the FAA CPL in your case?

The Greaser
4th Apr 2002, 20:52
3db

Did about 8 flight (12 hours or so) basically just familiarisation with procedures, airspace and R/T. Most of the flights were run as 'test profiles' until I was fairly sure I would pass first time.

(Plus of course the 14 ATPL exams)

Hope this helps, if you want more info let me know.

3db
6th Apr 2002, 14:43
The Greaser,

Thank you, that answers all my questions.