PDA

View Full Version : Officer's Greatcoat

rarelyathome
31st Jul 2012, 08:17
I know this isn't a sales forum but I have seen so many requests for information about Greatcoats and I have one that is now surplus to requirements (like me!) that I would like to see go to a good home. It is an R E City coat in good condition, 40-42" Chest and would be fine for somebody 5'8" to 6'. I am keen for it to go to somebody who will wear it with pride.

I am looking for offers over £50 and I will donate the money to the RAFBF. Please PM me with an offer and the highest wins. Closing date 17 Aug 12.

Mods - Please leave this up as it is genuinely an attempt to raise some money for the RAFBF while offering a rare item to a serving officer.

Whenurhappy
31st Jul 2012, 09:45
Does it have the sword flap fitted, perchance?

rarelyathome
31st Jul 2012, 10:51
Whenur,

good question - I'll look tonight when I get home but I don't think so.

Whenurhappy
1st Aug 2012, 08:18
I've got a superb great coat (c 1948) and in my current location I wear it when it gets particularly cold and snowy. However, I looked at it a week or two ago and found out the moths had been tucking into it :\ . Problem is I have about a 44 chest, and I am a strapping 6'1"...this one might be a bit small (and yes, I've used the sword flap for 2 Remembrance Services).

Basil
1st Aug 2012, 10:02
Mine was converted to British Warm and now needs the buttons moved to accommodate the slightly more wide body Basil :p

salad-dodger
1st Aug 2012, 10:15
relics of a bygone era.........?

S-D

Red Line Entry
1st Aug 2012, 10:23
or traditional elements that keep our links to those who have gone berfore...?

diginagain
1st Aug 2012, 10:29
or traditional elements that keep our links to those who have gone berfore...?
The Royal Flying Corps?

rarelyathome
1st Aug 2012, 13:12
Oh Dear ......

Old Bricks
3rd Aug 2012, 10:52
Whenurhappy
Please see your PMs