PDA

View Full Version : EK application time

going postal
31st Jul 2012, 01:28
I have had application for an engineering position since Dec 11. I was contacted in May 12 with conditions which I promptly sent back. My profile still shows under review on the careers sight. What I want to know is how long does the recruitment process take as I' m at stage 2 of a 5 stage process?

Wizofoz
31st Jul 2012, 09:04
gp,

It depends on supply and demand.

recruitment this year will be less than last, as we are getting fewer deliveries. As I understand it, courses have been allocated through January.

It may well take several months.

donpizmeov
31st Jul 2012, 09:27
Wiz he is asking about engineering.

It will take awhile GP. They need all the gingerbeers they can get.
Good Luck,

The Don

Wizofoz
31st Jul 2012, 09:39
OOOpppsss,
RTFP!

Thanks Don!

going postal
31st Jul 2012, 11:37
Thanks guys I gathered it takes time as it has already taken 7 months, but all good things come to those who wait..... I hope. Will update as I go through each stage

Basset hound
1st Aug 2012, 13:56
GP: I attended an Engineering recruitment roadshow in YYZ last week, and asked about a time-frame from application to start-date. The nice HR fellow spoke for about 5 minutes without answering the question. They were VERY leery of giving any sort of answer about how long it takes. I would be grateful if you would keep us posted on your quest. Have you had a telephone interview yet?

going postal
1st Aug 2012, 20:49
Not as yet Bassett. But I will keep you posted

tangpig
10th Aug 2012, 19:30
I thought that they were collecting info of future engineers to be hired in advance. Timing is depending on their operation requirment and new aircraft delievery. Also the approval held by candidate as they need. Just be patient.

going postal
11th Aug 2012, 08:13
True Tangpig but Ek did their roadshows in my neck of the woods late 2011 so there should have been some movement. Also they have been to Europe earlier this year.

going postal
26th Feb 2013, 09:46
Finally a successful phone interview a week ago and now I have to jump through hoops in Dbx..... Any tips on the psychmetrics test/ interview panel.

GP :ok:

Basset hound
26th Feb 2013, 12:40
Wow... That took a long time for the phone interview! Did they give you travel dates for the trip to Dubai?

going postal
4th Mar 2013, 09:33
yeah heading off next week for a 3/4 day stay and interogation..:confused:

going postal
14th Mar 2013, 13:33
So i have navigated the hoops in DBX how long before i get the yay or nay... I was advised that it could be as early as prior to boarding the flight for home... But nothing
Is that good or bad