PDA

View Full Version : UK Military Discount iPhone App

Vortac Apss
30th Jul 2012, 15:17
Dear All,

I have created a UK Military Discount iPhone app for free of charge and it is now available on the iTunes store. So please download it, rate/ review it and send me feed back on what you guys think. :O

For the Admins: I know the terms and conditions for Pprune state no advertising of commercial or business ventures. Considering I am giving this app away and it is for the greater good I believe I am operating within the Ts an Cs of Pprune. If I have this wrong, then I apologise in advance. :sad:

Genstabler
31st Jul 2012, 11:00
Will it work on iPads?

simon brown
31st Jul 2012, 13:19
Should be handy for the Indians to come over, swipe their i phones and under cut the French deal so they can buy some Typhoons instead then....:\

just another jocky
31st Jul 2012, 14:09
What about the huge Android market? There are even some strange folk who use something called Windows Mobile. :}

Prop-Ed
31st Jul 2012, 16:16
Vortac,

Since non of the other miserable gits have said it yet, "thank you".

6nandneutral
31st Jul 2012, 16:17
What about us recently retired civvies?

Tiger_mate
31st Jul 2012, 16:23
It works on an iPad (albeit small screen) and if kept updated will be most useful.

Vortac Apss
31st Jul 2012, 18:27
Hey guys,

Android: My plan is to get one out in the next 2 months or so. Apple (god bless them) make it easy for a newbie to create and upload apps to the iTunes store, Android is a lil more complicated. So fret not I have not forgotten you. Or you could get a better phone, haha :E

There are some discounts for veterans. Unfortunately most companies haven't specified to myself if veterans are eligible, even though I have asked them countless times. So please use it and let me know which ones accept veterans.

This has been a personal project for the past 6 months juggled between dets and the usual flying. So any help on validating discounts for veterans is greatly appreciated. Plus, let me know if you know any discounts I may have missed.

Bob the Doc
31st Jul 2012, 18:52
Looks good. Have a better Cotswold discount code but it's supposed to be Herc Force only I think

for those entitled who haven't seen the code (obviously you will be very honest about using it!)

*Code redacted at the request of Cotswold*

TheWizard
31st Jul 2012, 19:23
Good work and thanks.
There are loads more deals and discounts here Rewards For Forces - discounts for the forces community (http://www.rewardsforforces.co.uk/index.php)

just another jocky
31st Jul 2012, 19:50
Good work and thanks.
There are loads more deals and discounts here Rewards For Forces - discounts for the forces community (http://www.rewardsforforces.co.uk/index.php)

I'm always suspicious of a site that requires me to "join" when all I need to do apparantly is show my ID card at the place of purchase.

A by-product of this is that they are compiling a list of names & addresses of service personnel which includes which service they are in. Possbibly innocent, but nor for me thanks.

TurningFinals
1st Aug 2012, 00:11
Excellent app!

For all those complaining that it's not on Windows or Android - the app has just told me that Apple do military discount.

teeteringhead
1st Aug 2012, 09:07
Many thanks for the app, and as for the app has just told me that Apple do military discount. ... there are now even fewer reasons why I shouldn't get an iPad!:ok:

Roger the cabin boy
1st Aug 2012, 09:29
Definitely get an iPad - it'll change your life. There is even an app that teaches us crabs to march properly on telly, thus avoiding "military" vitriol!;)

Great app, Vortac Apss, thank you.

Donna K Babbs
1st Aug 2012, 10:17
Excellent little app. Thanks very much Vortac.

Top Bunk Tester
1st Aug 2012, 14:43
Beware the Apple discounts, Apple being Apple don't give anything away for nothing and the majority of tie-in discounts with Apple amount to only £5-£10 on a top of the range iPad :uhoh:

Also Virgin Holidays discounts are only applied (WRT to flights) for the fare portion which forms less than half of the total flight price when you add in taxes, surcharges etc, etc, etc :ugh:

salad-dodger
1st Aug 2012, 15:06
Beware the Apple discounts, Apple being Apple don't give anything away for nothing and the majority of tie-in discounts with Apple amount to only £5-£10 on a top of the range iPad
Apple give 6% for NHS discounts. It usually excludes the very latest products, but we've used it several times on high end Apple items.

S-D

just another jocky
1st Aug 2012, 15:37
So that makes Apple products only ridiculously expensive rather than hugely ridiculously expensive? :}