PDA

View Full Version : How much does a heliport cost?

upsangel
30th Jul 2012, 02:09
Hi everyone,

I m doing a research on the cost of a new heliport. I found some digits on internet:

UK - Cardiff Heliport - 3.8m GBP

USA - San Fransicisco G. Hospital Heliports - 3m USD

UK - Southampton G. Hosptal Helipad - 120k GBP

CHINA - Heliports for tourism resort - 19m~28m USD (does "made in China" that expensive?)

can anyone guess with me how much does a typical heliport cost (4~6 heli landing area, hangers, engineering area, headquarter with typical communication setup)?

Thanks in advance!

Piltdown Man
2nd Aug 2012, 08:41
Where are you going to build one? If Mayfair, it would be billions. If Middlesbrough, you'd probably be paid to build one.

PM

Heathrow Harry
2nd Aug 2012, 16:18
In Middlesborough the only helicopters needed are those from Apocalypse Now

On topic in the UK it's hard to do much in the way of civils on the scale you're suggesting for less than £1mm by the time you factor in all the Planning & Environmental stuff - lot easier if you are a "caring profession" like a hospital rather than one planning on golfers, bankers or rich tourists disturbing the local peace

Miles Gustaph
8th Aug 2012, 08:49
The UK SAR bid process is ongoing at the moment, Bond, CHC and Bristow are bidding for it and I think they will be building some bases as part of the contract, if you know anyone in thoses organisations they might be able to give you some idea of cost.

Miles

Genghis the Engineer
8th Aug 2012, 12:12
The heliport at Southampton General Hospital is a fairly small affair.

Cardiff and San Francisco are likely to be of a similar scale, and typically the US$ and GB£ have about the same spending power at home, so are a similar equivalent price.

So those are reasonable bases for your estimates, but you need to know the relative labour and technical cost rates in the UK, US and where you are looking to build.

G