PDA

View Full Version : mauna loa helicopters

romeo foxtrot mike
30th Jul 2012, 01:02
Has anyone had any experience with mauna loa helicopters? in particular their flight training software but also as a flying school in general. PM me if what you have to say is better kept pvt. thanks

valais
30th Jul 2012, 03:07
A very good flight school in paradise. Excellent instructors, well maintained aircrafts, FAA examiners on staff and a challenging flight environment. I recently completed my training with them - three month to get my PPL, IR and CPL – and I highly recommend MLH if you’re serious about becoming a helicopter pilot.

Their software is well designed and will save you a couple of hours on ground school.

Vertical Freedom
30th Jul 2012, 04:30
RFM - PM me for more info but in short probably one if the best schools with outstanding after lisense support for your next step. Ben (the owner) demands a very high standard :D
Happy Landings
VF

paco
30th Jul 2012, 04:53
We are pleased to have them as a training partner, and the people who have come to us from them have been trained to a high standard.

Phil

TeenoHeli
30th Jul 2012, 06:31
Yes from my experience it is an excellent school, I decided to complete my PPL training there afew years ago and Ben (owner) was very professional and you get to enjoy the "island life". Having proviously used Florida based schools (I live in England), Hawaian weather allowed for more training hours per day/week and the variation in flight conditions you get around the island provides fantatastic training experience and the ground school was full on, but thats what you need to get through the exams. Would recommend ... I now have my ATPL and getting my PPL(H) was a huge step in getting there and convincing me I could acually make the commitment to becoming a professional pilot. Hope it helps

Nedkelly123
18th May 2013, 03:44
Hello

I have just come across this post. I completed my CFI with Mauna Loa Helicopters (MLH) in 2011 and have been fortunate to been in full time work since. The training provided is top of its class. Location is amazing with varied weather (this is very important) and the staff at the school make you feel like you are part of a big family.

I am so confident in the skills of their Graduates that i have just placed a pilot from MLH into their first job - and i expect there will be many more to come.

If you are seriously considering a flight school you must ensure that they are one of the schools you evaluate. Make sure you look at the fine print on the contracts / pricing (most schools quote you a price based on FAA minimums which are rarely if EVER met.) At MLH you will learn everything you will need to become a safe , competent and professional pilot - Hiring and pilot recommendations are made easy - for me anyway - if the training was taken at Mauna Loa Helicopters.

Anyone wanting more information, tips on getting through the course in an economic way , living tips and even updates on the job market in China you are welcome to email me at [email protected] . I will do my best to respond as quickly as i can. I am a pilot / CFI in China. You can see some of the things we are doing here: www.greatwallhelitours.com

Fly Safe :ok::ok::ok:

Gordy
18th May 2013, 07:04
Nedkelly123

I hope they paid you well.....

Nedkelly123
18th May 2013, 07:16
"I hope they paid you well....." Who?

Gordy
18th May 2013, 07:28
Who?

Really...you have to ask......?

You mention them EIGHT (8) times in one post.....

Nedkelly123
18th May 2013, 07:35
mauna loa helicopters

"Has anyone had any experience with mauna loa helicopters? in particular their flight training software but also as a flying school in general."

the topic is about the flight school and their training software.

I am not paid one cent by them. I am just trying to help anyone doing research.

Gordy
18th May 2013, 07:44
I admit...tis late at night...but did you read your initial post....?

It sounds like one of those late night TV commercials.... Go read it out loud to yourself.... (and get a sense of humor already....).

And YES... I flew in Hawaii for Seven, (7), years as a professional pilot...NOT as a student or instructor.

Nedkelly123
18th May 2013, 07:55
"And YES... I flew in Hawaii for Seven, (7), years as a professional pilot...NOT as a student or instructor."
:D
So where shall i send you the Steak Knives , Vegetable cutter and MLH Snuggie Gordy?

Savoia
18th May 2013, 10:49
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-z0I4zFXBJGo/UZdY6OGrieI/AAAAAAAANpw/c5BsQA3cjbw/w887-h494-no/mauna+loa+ad.png

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zcjvOP9KBSo/UZdY4gqHimI/AAAAAAAANpk/Hf5-zjbL01s/w365-h327-no/sp+toon.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Tff5fkbEr_c/UZdY4dMYPYI/AAAAAAAANpg/Y9n6t8-okns/w52-h48-no/super+smiley+smiley.png

On a more serious note .. would be interested to learn a little more about your operation Ned .. and about flying in China in general: conditions, language, market etc. and .. the odd photo when you can! Perhaps you can post your responses on a new thread 'Flying in China' or something.