PDA

View Full Version : Fastest route to being a Emirates pilot

HumaidDaPlane
29th Jul 2012, 17:09
Hey
I was wondering what is the best way to becoming a pilot for emirates
it seems that you need to have some previous flight experience:{ and also there cadet program is only for UAE nationals:ugh:
i have always wanted to become a Pilot in the middle east especially emirates so anyone out there have any ideas?
Jazakallah kayrah(may allah award you with goodness)

Bealzebub
29th Jul 2012, 17:45
Emirates is a fast expanding airline with very specific quality requirements for the people it seeks to employ. In many respects it is no different from other companies seeking to employ the best candidates for the positions on offer.

As you do not appear to be a UAE national, their cadet programme may not be an option. Therefore the best way to be in with a reasonable chance of finding future employment with them as your chosen company (I seem to recall it was Qatar last week?) is to work your way up to the postion where that becomes a possibility.

Do your best at school and obtain good examination grades preferably in suitable subjects. When you can afford to do so, or as opportunities might present themselves, train to become a commercial pilot utilizing programmes that are best suited to your goals and finances at that time.

Put in a lot of effort towards achieving your goals, but keep options open for when things do not work out as intended.

Work your way up through the employment opportunities that might be available to you on completion of your training.

One day you might then find that you meet the minimum experience requirements for the goal you have sought. You can then compete with all the other people who are seeking the same opportunity.

If you do all of this, and with a lot of luck, resource, determination, hard work, luck, and more luck, you could do all of this in maybe 10 years!

This answer holds true for almost every other company out there as well.

RedBullGaveMeWings
29th Jul 2012, 17:46
Ronand, shut up, he's just 14. You're the one that doesn't want youngsters to apply to FR just for your own advantage.

Yes, a lot of numbers are required to work in Emirates: 4000 TT and 2000 on jets.
First of all start your training and after it you must hope to find a job. Emirates is something that you should look at in the next 15 years, not today.
What you must do now is study hard for your A levels.

a320renewal
29th Jul 2012, 18:20
give me 500'000$ and I can get in you at emirates.:hmm:

truckflyer
29th Jul 2012, 19:34
A better option to consider is to try to get in with cadet programs that Cathay run, from reliable sources who have worked both places, Cathay was a much better company to work for!

To be honest I rather have Hong Kong nights in Joe Bananas than Dubai nights!

jj97101
29th Jul 2012, 19:43
Cathay need previous experience as well. Emirates T&C's from what I've heard are much much better. You sound like most of the people on the Cadet forum, you expect everything to fall into your lap without doing anything. Of course emirates requires previous experience! What airline doesn't?! Only cadet programmes do this and currently the only ones that run are Cathay and emirates but they are only for nationals.
On a side note, I'm also 14, just start your ppl mate.

TTango
29th Jul 2012, 21:28
To correct a few points.

You can apply for Emirates with 2500 hours on a medium sized jet.

Cathay Pacific Second Officer program requires no previous airline experience.

truckflyer
29th Jul 2012, 21:46
On another note, with the choice of living in Dubai or Hong Kong!
But don't to much now, by the time you reach that age, you might have changed your mind or there will be other options!

The best schemes, if still around by that time would be for BA! But it is not free!

jj97101
29th Jul 2012, 22:05
Cathay Pacific Second Officer program requires no previous airline experience.

It requires a minimum of 250 hours and a CPL. The website says otherwise but it just hasn't been updated.

TTango
29th Jul 2012, 22:12
I have friends who have passed selection with less than 250 hours TT.

jj97101
29th Jul 2012, 22:19
The 'rules' were changed earlier this year due to an intervention by HK immigration.

HumaidDaPlane
30th Jul 2012, 05:31
kay
i set up this thread for some advice not for some rough words from a guy i dont even know!
and how ignorant and spoiled am i asking for advice about how i can get a commercial pilot job in the middle east
my dream is to fly
and also live in the middle east with my whole family

you sound like the bullies in my school that not only interfere with students but also with the teachers that try and help us

so the next time you got nothing nice to say DONT SAY IT

HumaidDaPlane
30th Jul 2012, 05:42
oh yeah it's beacause they had a second officer program but I researched the country and airline and it seem that accomodation is a bit to expensive
its around £500,000 for a studio apartment over there!
that put me off

HumaidDaPlane
30th Jul 2012, 05:49
to those who politely responded your advice is quite usefull
so it seems heads in book and some serious graphite will be used from now on (basically im going to study for my GCSE's and hope and try my best(only allah knows what will happen))
thank you =D

Kyriakos
30th Jul 2012, 06:10
You seem mature and sharp for your age and its always wise to think and schedule early. In my opinion this is too early though. Focus on your studies, especially the technical/practical ones and then consider a degree in Engineering or Science as a backup plan to rely on in case current crisis still exists.

Just one piece of advice mate. No one knows about future, life is full of options so you simply make decisions and try to take the best out of it to achieve your goals. Allah , Jesus, Bhuda etc etc have nothing to do with this and if you want to succeed and become a safe pilot do not rely on anyone except your brain, developed skills and the guy who sits next to you. Pilots who claimed help from "above" at an emergency and did nothing practical to resolve the issue were the main reason of major fatalities including themselves.

KAG
30th Jul 2012, 08:23
You are asking the question 'how to become an expat pilot' (working in a country you don't belong to).

The answer is extremely simple, the same as to become a pilot in your country, because you have first to be an experienced pilot before becoming an expat pilot (with a few exceptions).

That's like asking, I am from London, how to become a rock star in Dublin? Well, first become a rock star which is trickiest part, taking the ferry for Ireland is the simplest.

RedBullGaveMeWings
30th Jul 2012, 08:49
To correct a few points.

You can apply for Emirates with 2500 hours on a medium sized jet.

Cathay Pacific Second Officer program requires no previous airline experience.And what about the 4000 hours TT?

For example, I have 2500-2600 hours on the 737 or A320 but less than 3000 hours TT. Still eligible for Emirates even despite the fact I am short of more than 1000 hours TT?

Callsign Kilo
30th Jul 2012, 10:34
I believe joing Ryanair, achieving 2500hrs flying time and unfreezing your ATPL is the Emirates preferred route. I was told this rather 'tongue in cheek' by one of their recruitment pilots. However gaining 2500hrs in FR (you will likely join as a 250hr wonder kid) will now likely take four to four and a half years. With the expansion dead and commands drying up the potential to unfreeze your ATPL will probably diminish as FR will have no requirement for you to do so. Can you bank on EK recruiting is this timeframe as well?

shaun ryder
30th Jul 2012, 12:32
Of course emirates requires previous experience! What airline doesn't?

Er, how about easyjet and ryanair for starters.

jj97101
30th Jul 2012, 18:43
Er, how about easyjet and ryanair for starters.
Well a bit tongue in cheek but they do require 250 hours :E
But can Ryanair or Easyjet ever be compared to Emirates?

TTango
30th Jul 2012, 21:58
For example, I have 2500-2600 hours on the 737 or A320 but less than 3000 hours TT. Still eligible for Emirates even despite the fact I am short of more than 1000 hours TT?

With respect, I suggest you re-read the Emirates recruitment requirements. Have a look at the OR between 4000TT and 2500TT on a multi crew jet. :ok:

Halfwayback
31st Jul 2012, 06:30
I think you have got your answers and I'm closing the thread before we have any more idiots jumping in

HWB