PDA

View Full Version : Licence By Post

kel247
29th Jul 2012, 15:41
Hi,

Have any of you guys used 'Licence By Post'? if so what is your opinion of them?

Looking at starting my modules now and just wanted some feed back from some experienced engineers on this company.

Many thanks in advance

Kel

:confused:

RotaryWingB2
29th Jul 2012, 20:40
Poor. Use someone else, much better providers out there. LRTT if you are forces or ex-forces.

kel247
30th Jul 2012, 15:17
Thanks RotaryWingB2.

Why do you think they are poor? I take it you have had a bad experience with them?

I am looking at completeing my A licence modules before I leave the mob, so do you know of any good providers (Day release near Oxford would be great) that can provide good quality content?

Cheers mate

Kel

Capot
30th Jul 2012, 15:51
Why do you think they are poor?

At the risk of being repetitive; out-of-date and/or irrelevant material is one reason. Mind you, that's quite a common problem now as people catch up with the changes.

The difficulty is knowing whether the people setting your exams have caught up or not.

ericferret
30th Jul 2012, 18:51
I would also suggest LRTT, been there several times now and plan to go again for B1-B2
conversion.

KEL247 are you sure that the A licence is the way forward. The general view has been that it does not give you much help with a B licence which is where I assume you are heading.

However maybe someone can comment on the latest position.

If you have time in hand going straight for a B might be money better spent.

It might also give you a faster return on your investment (time as well as money).

BluFin
30th Jul 2012, 19:07
Agree..............
You will have to retake pretty much all of the exams again at a higher level for the B if that is your long term plan + it would be a double bubble on all the fees

kel247
30th Jul 2012, 20:42
I am completeing the A Licence as I dont have bags of experience of aircraft work so after much thought and discussions with people in the business the A licence is my best bet.

I have an Engineers log book with jobs from small rotary wing a/c up to A330 so hoping that once I have completed the A licence I will have a fair amount of work signed off, then the rest of the experience I can get hopefully with an airline (reading ELGD the maint experince can be historical for up to 7 years), however this document is currently under amendment... :ugh:

Thats the plan....... :eek:

So LRTT are ok...., what about club 66?

Thanks for all the replys guys.

Kel

shedhead
30th Jul 2012, 22:26
Kel247 As has been stated on here so many times it is better to get the "B" licence modules rather than the "A" modules because the "B" modules can be used to gain an "A" licence whereas the "A" licence modules cannot be used for the "B" So if you are intending to go for the "B" licence eventually then you may as well only pay for the one set of modules instead of two.

kel247
31st Jul 2012, 09:37
I appreciate all the advice about taking the B licence, but I know where I am going with regard to that.

Any advice on a good training provider would be great, I would prefer study books opposed to online study if possible, any suggestions?

Many thanks

Kel

Capot
31st Jul 2012, 10:32
LRTT have a well-deserved reputation of looking after students who buy their courses when exam time comes round, so they would be a contender for your business, perhaps.

And they will set exams based on what they teach, so whether or not their material is up-to-date is not an issue. Of course, that should apply to any Part 147-approved Basic Training provider; the trick is to study and take the exams at the same establishment.

But LRTT is uniquely helpful to its own students taking their exams.

kel247
31st Jul 2012, 19:28
Capot,

I have spoken to LRTT today. They informed that they run a forces scheme where Modules can be purchased specifically for Forces types (self study). A lot more expensive than LBP but They seem to have a very high pass rate, this will be due to what you mentioned Capot.

Looks like its going to be a deal for LRTT........

Cheers

ericferret
31st Jul 2012, 19:39
You get what you pay for.

In my case not a penny spent with LRTT has been wasted.

Can't say I agree with the current system and how narrow it is.

However LRTT operate within the boundaries set by EASA.

Capot
31st Jul 2012, 20:44
kel247, good luck and don't forget to take the exams with LRTT.........I don't agree with the system either but that's the way to avoid any surprises when you turn the paper over.

delms6
2nd Oct 2012, 19:53
well i am glad i have just read this, just left the navy and looking to do my licences so just about to apply for my elcas through lbp.

ive had read elsewear that lbp are ok and if co-joined with aircraft aviation principles which covers mod's 1-4 +8. any confirmation on this?

HELP!!!

The90sAME
3rd Oct 2012, 10:55
Going to jump on the bandwagon here, I also highly suggest LRTT.

Great experience myself there, and most of the guys i work with did their A and B modules there have nothing but good words to say.