PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help, Jet2 question

FlyingGoggles
27th Jul 2012, 20:47
Right, I'm in need of the assistance of the pprune membership.

Flying to Prague in September - city break with my mum, booked through Thomson, but apparently it's a Jet2 Holidays thing, I'm not sure, it's confusing me.

As mentioned here before, I am visually impaired. When I flew with Easyjet in October, I stumbled upon a bit of the T&C's that said I MUST declare this to them, even if I'm perfectly capable of managing on my own, which I am. If I didn't, they could apparently refuse to let me on the flight.

I can't find anything like this in Jet2's T&C's, or if it is, it's not worded the same.

Could anyone clarify if I need to tell them? Or would it be Thomson I told, and they tell Jet2?

ImPlaneCrazy
29th Jul 2012, 20:53
If you've booked through Thomson then tell Thomson, they are very good at adding your information onto the system which will be pulled through to Jet2 if it ends up you are flying with them. Rest assured - you will not be offloaded for being visually impaired (unless you don't make the gate etc...).

Although - if you are capable of managing the journey yourself then I wouldn't bothering mentioning anything.

Hartington
29th Jul 2012, 22:42
I reckon you are quite capable of finding your own way. But, sometimes, it might be worth exploting your restricted vision and this might be it. Whatever the t's and c's might say request assistance. If the assistance given is anything approaching that offered to wheelchair users you'll be taken to the quickest security and immigration lanes. Take advantage for once! Thomson are responsible for setting it up for you.