PDA

View Full Version : Used aircraft to propose marriage; ditched in sea

Blind Squirrel
26th Jul 2012, 22:44
An omen?

Couple Gets Second Chance After Plane Carrying Marriage Proposal Crashes Into the Ocean - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/couple-gets-second-chance-after-plane-carrying-marriage-proposal-crashes-into-the-ocean/)

peterh337
27th Jul 2012, 06:05
Rod Stewart had it right:

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

lenhamlad
27th Jul 2012, 10:09
Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

But that would not suit his ego of a 70 year old ageing rock star having a twenty something year old bimbo on the end of his arm (or another part of his anatomy)

Pace
27th Jul 2012, 11:04
Lenhamlad

Another famous saying by Eddie Irvine the Irish Formula 1 driver!
"If it Flies Floats or F++ks RENT DO NOT BUY!!!
Whats wrong with a 20 something year old? your just jealous :E Just hope he passes a JAA class 1 medical or she will not be hanging onto anything BUT his arm

Pace

peterh337
27th Jul 2012, 11:12
You sound like you speak with experience in that department, Pace :E

If he fails his medical due to THAT REASON, she will not be hanging onto anything; she will be gone. Unless he has loads of money :)

Pace
27th Jul 2012, 11:35
Peter

How he gets it is irrelevant its what he can do with it once he has got it that counts :E They all cost even the old wrinklies!!!
So Eddie Irvines advice the best.

Me? I only pull headcases

Another beauty have to be careful how I write it!
In the early days all you do is F++k
Later all you say is F++k
Then you get well and truly F++k+d

Pace

lenhamlad
27th Jul 2012, 12:19
Unless he has loads of money

The difference between being a dirty old man with a twenty year old bimbo and and a successful person, be it Rod, Mick, Paul or Bernie E with a six foot stunner:hmm:

peterh337
27th Jul 2012, 13:45
All those listed above are so rich that they can divorce, lose the maximum possible UK court award to a divorcing woman (say £20M), and their assets drop by less than 10% :)

I only pull headcases

Not doing internet dating by any chance? :) It works, but is a pretty fertile ground for that sort.

Pace
27th Jul 2012, 14:41
Peter

Pretty nutcases :) but I would be a real Hit in a nut house. No do not need a dating site I just get found like a magnet.

Pace

peterh337
27th Jul 2012, 14:46
They are only after your plane :E

Pace
27th Jul 2012, 14:58
Peter

I don't own a plane !!! Not like you ; ) £20 mill crikey better take Eddie Irvines advice you could rent a lot of lovely boats for that ; )

Pace

biffo28
28th Jul 2012, 16:18
Eddie Irvine hasn't the wit to come up with the "If it Flys, F*&Ks etc" saying. It was coined by Felix Dennis.

PompeyPaul
28th Jul 2012, 19:12
I am still a romantic and sentimental old soul.

Still, find out my wife was pregnant with the first and celebrated by going flying. On the one hand I thought I should do something momentous given the life changing event. On the other, why NOT do some cross country nav?

The Fenland Flyer
29th Jul 2012, 06:10
Quite a poor attitude to women on this forum :ugh:

Have you guys ever thought that maybe you are the problem? With attitudes like these no wonder you are attracting some odd women, you seem like a strange bunch, good luck :)

Pace
29th Jul 2012, 06:20
Pompey Paul

Me too! When i discovered my ex was pregnant I Too went on a NAV exercise in celebration coming back a year later!

Trouble was she was still there :E

Fenland

Are we not in the pprune bar? most of it is light hearted joking but remember we come from Mars they come from Venus.

Pace (only joking)

peterh337
29th Jul 2012, 10:55
Quite a poor attitude to women on this forumMaybe that's because the men who can afford to fly and can still pass their medicals are mostly divorced :)

I have a bad attitude to marriage (which seems utterly pointless, and seems to be most often driven by an insecure partner who really ought to sort out her (or his) issues first) and poorly chosen partners (who do so many men shack up with women who dislike the man's principal and pre-existing hobby), not to women. My GF is 100% lovely :) She likes flying too, though only in wx like this

http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/kithira/dep1.jpg

and to places like this

http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/kithira/port.jpg

where we can get stuff like this

http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/kithira/fish1.jpg

:)

piperarcher
29th Jul 2012, 11:35
I propsed to my soon to be wife while I was flying my Piper Archer along at 110kts at 1500 ft somewhere over Buntingford, enroute to Duxford. I didnt do the bendy knee thing until safely on the ground. I am glad I didnt need to ditch, I dont think I would have got a 2nd chance ;-) My fiancee is also a PPL, so it was a good way to pop the question.