PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Old Man's Flying Job!

SASless
26th Jul 2012, 19:20
This sounds like a job for me....just like any Bush Job....but without the hassle of flying all day or fighting weather.....just send the Aircraft out on its own!

Navy, Marines Share Lessons of Cargo UAV Missions in Afghanistan | Defense Update (http://defense-update.com/20120724_navy-marines-share-lessons-of-cargo-uav-missions-in-afghanistan.html?goback=%2Egde_1735177_member_138566550)

ShyTorque
26th Jul 2012, 21:19
Agreed, but although it does away with the need to expose a pilot, the operation sounds more than a little ponderous by normal standards.

According to Joiner, “Towing the KMAX out of the hangar to wheels-up, could take as little as 15 minutes.”

“Since it was an unmanned system, we were able to conduct flights during inclement weather when other helicopters couldn’t fly,” O’Connor said. “We flew during the night, in the rain, dust and some wind.”

Do they think we are likely to believe this is something special? :confused:

Sounds like an average day..... (apart from the dust in UK, that is)

topendtorque
27th Jul 2012, 11:19
Dust, bulldust Shy, loads of it coming your way directly with the blessed olympic turnout. We've pretty much had the embargo on it of late with our politics, although Sasless may disagree. Be good to share a bit for a while.

Glad I'll be doing something to keep me away from the idiot box for a while.